CHAPTER EIGHT.

Three months!!

Three months and i had not known who was behind the company's fund theft.

I had tried digging as deep as i could but i found no answers.
My knowledge led me nowhere and i realized i wasn't really a detective.
Or maybe I was.
Its just that i was distracted and i couldn't work in such an environment.

I was used to dealing with CCTV footage and that was definitely out of question in this area.
I was still in aunts office.  Or should i call it my office where i had been working so hard to make things work out for her company.
I just knew that if all went well for her it went well for all of us.
What can i say, she was our super auntie our easter bunny, our Santa Claus our rescue team. She was naturally the family savior for hard times. She would always make sure to ship you out of trouble and she did it for free.
Triple sure not everyone enjoyed such privilege with their relatives but i was thankful for the unity that existed in my family that in trouble no one was afraid to be the rescuer but Trish was the prime one in our case.

"Excuse me Mr. Greene. Someone is here for you. " a petite maid told me interrupting my trip down memories with my super auntie
"Name?" i asked boredom evident in my voice.
"Actually sir, its a group. They say they are from the National University. " My heart stop for long second before I comprehended what she had just said and was able to recompose myself.
"Send them in." i said after a serious internal interaction in my mind.
She nodded and left.

I couldn't help but notice the fine lasses that came into the room, followed by a gentleman who was intimidatingly tall and well built, adorned with a fitting well tailored suit and shoes with not a speckle of dust. His presence commanded a sort of respect from everyone that i was somehow compelled to stand and guide him to a seat..
When he they were all settled i went to my side of the desk and sat putting on the best and fake smile i ever had to put on.
"How are you Greene?" He asked. His voice was heavy and very intimidating.
I nodded at first as my throat felt dry and no words would come out.
"Am fine sir. " i answered and gulped nervously.
"I would like you to summon Mrs. Daniels and Miss Priceless please." He said as he looked around my office. I nodded and dialed my auntie's office asking her for her presence together with Candy.
I nervously scrolled through my phone as i waited for the two women who were really taking their time.
"Would you like a drink? " I asked after fifteen minutes of waiting.
"No son am fine. " he answered barely glancing at me. I nodded and tried to look through the paper work on my desk.

"So how is work around here?" He asked and this time he paid attention to me.

"Its uh.. Its good. Great even. " i ended with a shy chuckle.

He smiled and nodded.

After a few minutes of silence he spoke again
"Women sure do take their time. " He commented looking at his wrist watch tapping his foot impatiently. I chuckled awkwardly not knowing what he desired as a response.
Right then, as if on cue the women came in.
Even though the situation was different and nerve-racking i could not help but check her out. Today she was in a purple tank top tucked neatly into her black jeans with a leather jacket and black stiletto heels.  Her hair was combed into a neat afro and her spects were firmly held by her perfect nose. Her lips had been painted a slight purple matching her top.
My auntie on the other hand was always official with a skirt suit. The skirt was slightly above her knees showing her perfect long and slender legs. Her hair was combed back with some falling on the left side. Her make up was minimal just like Candy. She just had some orange gloss on her lips which matched with her top.  Her heels were just about an inch or two.  (She is tall so she doesn't want to look more taller)
The two ladies made themselves comfortable on the couch and directly faced the man who made my heart beat faster.
"Well Mrs. Daniel you know why you are here. " the man said in a deep voice looking directly at my auntie.

"Yes, as a matter of fact i do Alpha." My auntie answered a little too anxious for my liking.
"Would you like us to give you a review?" Again Trish asked. I had a feeling this conversation concerned me but again i was still a bit too confused to fit one to one.
"Of course Daniels. Go ahead. " The man -Alpha- said.
"Sure thing. Priceless, give him the review and brief him. " She said as she handed a file to Candy,  a file that i had not realized she had till then.
Candy in return took the file and carefully placed it on Alpha's hands.  She then sat back again and cleared her voice preparing herself to talk

"As you know you hired me to be crafty and i totally did my work. I was supposed to make a case for Mr.  Greene here to investigate and i did. The only problem was that i created an illusion of a case because there was no case but i made an impression of there being one.
Your student here however was working too hard on the case that he never realized there was no case. " She paused and looked at me smirking.
Dammit. She got me good this time. But i should have known. I should have realized that those fake book records were just that, fake.

"Sir Alpha, my part of the deal is done. But we had an agreement." She stated her face going hard as if she wasn't smirking a few minutes before.

"Yes i remember miss Priceless. " he opened his briefcase and took out a leaflet and a letter. He gave me the letter and her the leaflet.

I opened the letter and skimmed through it and the information in it caused time to stand still in my mind and every part of my body to go numb. This could not be happening.
"who is smiling now Greeney boy? " She asked waving her cheque leaflet at me.

She bent slightly towards me and i could feel the beautiful scent of her body engulf my numb brains screaming life to them.
"So you don't get to have me Shane Greene. You failed. "She whispered huskily and left my brain in turmoil.

Hey guys
Someone guess the content of the letter?
Anyway am sorry i have not been updating i was sick but am cool now.
You can also check out my new book,  the beauty of scars

Do you love my crappy chap.
Please tap on the beautiful star at the bottom of the story.
I love you