Chapter One

Hey guys! This is the first chapter of the sequel to The Heat! If you haven't read that one go back and read it! If you have read the first one you should know that there is going to be smut in here! Plus there might be something else! You'll just have to wait and see!

The first books cover was Damian and Adam and this books cover is Devon and Matt! As you can see, they are the same height!

~~~

Damian's POV

My phone rang as I sat in the sunroom watching for Hudson's car to come down the street. I walked to the table which it was on, and answered. "Hello?"

"Damian Monroe?" A girl's voice asked.

"Yes? Who's asking?"

"This is Susan from the mall. Do you know an Adam Miller?"

"Yes, what's wrong? What happen?" I asked, already half way out the door to my car.

"Everything is alright sir. He just needs a ride home."

"What happen to Hudson?" I asked, getting into the car and pulled out.

"I don't know sir. Are you on your way?"

"Yes, I am on my way right now."

"Alright, he is in the customer service office."

"Alright, bye," I said hanging up. What happen to Hudson? This pisses me off so much. It's just like Hudson to ditch Adam. The anger inside me was growing and I don't think I could hold it back this time when I see him.

I pulled into the mall’s parking lot and parked, pretty sure I parked in two parking spots but you know, I don’t really care. I got out and ran into the building, running through crowds of people to the customer service office. I rushed in and saw Adam sitting in a chair holding an orange crush bottle with a straw inside. Once he saw me, he smiled slightly and went back to drinking his pop, “hi babe.”

“Where did Hudson go?” I asked, sitting down next to him.

He shrugged, “I don’t know, he went to the bathroom while I was looking at some clothes and never came out and when I went in there he was gone.”

I rolled my eyes, “of course he would leave you out a bathroom window.”

“Damian stop it, I don’t think he left me. He actually said something about him thinking he saw Caleb and-“

“That’s impossible. He was shoot in the head. Plus, Devon and I put him in the ocean,” I whispered.

“I don’t know Damian… I kinda got a glimpse of what he and it kind of looked like Caleb from the back… Is there any way he could possibly be back?” He asked, looking up at me as he sucked some more orange crush up the straw and into his mouth.

“No, it’s not possible, he was literally- Why don’t we finish this in the car?” I asked, seeing the group of people who were looking at us. He nodded and got up and walked right behind me to the car. Once we got in I turned the radio on and I turned it up to about 25, just loud enough so that no one can over hear but low enough for us to hear each other. “He was literally dead on the floor of that room. He felt cold when I picked him up and flew him into the ocean. He was dead. Hudson shoot him in between the eyes.”

“But normal Alpha’s can heal pretty fast, and he was the head Alpha, so he could probably heal really fast… Maybe even as he was going down in the water and then he just swam up when you guys left because can’t you guys like stay underwater for like, a long time?”

He has a point… We are fast healers, maybe even when we’re shoot in the head… Well, I never tried it but still, I know that if we are shoot anywhere else, like the arm, we would heal almost instantly… I turned the car on and started to drive home.

“But hey… I do have a question, why weren’t you the one that killed Caleb? Didn’t you have the chance to?” He asked, looking at me.

“Yeah I did have the chance, but I didn’t take it…” I said, not looking at him.

“Why not? You would be the head alpha, and then no one would mess with you or me,” he said.

“First of all, no one is going to mess with me no matter what, and secondly no one better be messing with you unless they have a death list.”

“Still haven’t answered my question babe…”

I sighed, “the reason why I didn’t kill him because he told me something that made me freeze.”

“What did he say?”

“He asked me if I wanted to loss you… He said that if I killed him I would end up killing you just like he ended up killing his omega…”

“Oh…” He said, looking down.

“Yeah,” I said, putting my hand on his thigh, “but don’t worry, I won’t kill you. I love you too much.”

“Aww,” he said, blushing.

“But really… Where would Hudson go? Did you see his car in the parking lot? I didn’t know where he parked.”

“Yeah, when I saw he was missing I went to the pack lot where he parked and his car was still there. Hudson is my best friend Damian… He wouldn’t just leave me.”

“Well right now that’s the only possible way so that’s what I’m going to think.”

“Babe, stop it. I trust him. You promised…”

“Yeah I know I promised, and I won’t hurt him. I’ll just kill him.”

“Damian…” He said, the way he said my name told me he was about to cry even before I saw tears in the corner of my eye. I pulled into our drive way, turned the car off, and sighed.

“I’m sorry ok? But you know how I am… He left you, alone. I’m always scared that something will happen to you when I’m not there… That’s why I made sure he knew what I wanted him to know…”

“I’m fine. I can defend myself.”

“Adam. I’m sorry but you really can’t, not if an alpha wants you bad enough. There’s nothing you could do to stop them… They’ll take you like you were a prize..."