Cheer Section

A/N

I'm going to pretend that it is May 21st.

Noah POV

I walk out of the locker room behind the swim team captain, and my best friend, into the pool area. Following his eyes I see Percy Jackson's cheer section. It is one of the strangest things I have ever witnessed. There are usually between three and five people, none of whom attend Goode, but today there are eight. There's Cali girl, she is a typical Californian girl, blond hair, tanned; she attends every meet. There is emo boy, and punk chick, their names pretty much describe their looks except punk chick wears a silver tiara. Then there is blond superman, self explanatory, his girlfriend who it looks like she cut her own hair; Leo, once he wore a 'team Leo' shirt, he is short and looks like an elf; Asian wrestler and his girlfriend curious, she is always asking him a question about something and often looks confused. Today they are all here and holding a sign that says 'Go Seaweedbrain'. Weird. Focus Noah! You need to concentrate on your race, you didn't make it to nationals by watching random people.

----------------------------Don't mind me, I'm just a line break--------------------------------------------

The gun sounds and I dive into the water. When my hand hits the wall, finishing the race, I am exhausted. Percy, who was in the same event but not in my heat finished first in his heat and I finished first in mine, we both made it into the finals! This is the worst part about being on a team, your friends become your competition. As soon as the gun sounds for the final we are off, I swim faster than I ever have before. When I come up for air I see that the guy in the next lane is half a body length ahead of me, it makes me push myself that much harder. When I finish I know I haven't won, the guy in the lane next to me beat me by a full body length at least. I turn to see who it is and I am looking at none other than Percy Jackson. We wait by the podium for our medals. The announcer says "in third place is Noah O'Brian" me. I go up and get my medal smiling, the announcer finishes "and in first place is Percy Jackson!" Percy looks like a puppy who just got a treat. After we get down Percy invites me to a celebratory dinner at his place. I agree and say I'll meet him at his place at five (two hours from now).

-------------------------------------I'm just the other line break's friend, Steven-------------------------------------------

Blond Superman opens the door to Percy's apartment and invites me in. I've never been here before but I'm surprised by its neatness. I assumeI'm the last to arrive because Percy's cheer section is all already here. He introduces them blind superman is Jason and his girlfriend is Piper, Asian wrestler is Frank and Curious is Hazel, emo boy is Nico, Punk chick is Thalia, and Leo is Leo. I sit on a chair near the door and watch as Frank and Jason run around the lower floor with Piper and Hazel chasing them, Nico and Leo play call of duty. Percy and Thalia are just sitting and watching everything like me.

Jason runs into a room and Percy yells "Jason out of my room."

He runs out and as he runs by hits Percy on the side of the head and ruffles Thalia's hair.

Thalia asks "When does Annie get back from her architecture class?"

Percy responds "She'll be here any" he is interrupted by a door closing and the Cali girl walking in wearing a blouse and a pleated skirt. Oops, guess I missed one.

"Hello, you are Noah I presume?" She asks.

"Yeah" I manage to get out; she is hot. She then says to Percy "I'll change and then we can start dinner."

I'm a little curious as to where her change of clothes is as she is only holding a binder. My eyes follow her as she walks into Percy's room. Wow! She must stay here often.

Percy must have been watching me because he said "She is the same age as us but she graduated a year early. We have been engaged for six months and the wedding is on the solstice."

Thalia adds "And it certainly took him long enough."

I stare at them for a couple seconds before saying "Dude, I didn't even know you were straight."

That's how I pmanaged to meet Percy Jackson's cheer section.

***********

Vote Comment Follow.

-Mikki Huntress of Artemis, Daughter of Athena.