45|Anabelle Beaufort |

Awoken by the soft humming of Esther, and changed into a beautiful dark blue tulle day dress, I was walking down the hallway towards the stairs that would lead me to the dinning room for breakfast.

"Bonjour! Mon sœur, comment alez vous?"

"Bonjour! Mon frère, je e bienne! Comment alez vous?" I asked him in the old language French. (people who may have questions. Read below, in the A/N that is.)

"I am fine too. I see someone's been learning classical French I thought they didn't teach that anymore."

"As a matter of fact, they don't." I took his offered arm and nodded.

"And my extraordinary sister learnt it from...?"

"Sophie." I beamed at him.

"Sophie? " His eyebrows knit together.

"Yes Sophie. The one who came with us as a guardian and the one who's come with me to live here." I told him.

"Oh. Yes of course I know Sophie. Very nice lady." He replied remembering.

"She is too old for you."

We both jumped at the sound that came from behind us.

"Erik, you need to stop this!"

"God! Erik you need to have a heart! Stop emerging out of nowhere, like abracadabra!"

"No I do it with a 'kaboom' not 'abracadabra'."

I rolled my eyes, and latched onto Erik's arm , so that I was between the two.

"That was the lamest joke in the lamest books of the lamest jokes of the entire lamest world of jest." I told him with a serious expression.

"I love you so much E!" George said," I was about to come up with a come back but this one was way better."

And all three of I entered the dinning room laughing our heads off, not on what George just said, but on the whole conversation we just had.

The dinning room was not empty, Catherine, my Mother and Father were already present.

"I am glad to see how well you three bond." Prince Nile commented.

"Yes. And what makes me more happy is it has not even been more that twenty-four hours , since you came here." Princess Sarah said.

We all sat ourselves on our respective seats, in order of heirdom.

The Queen soon joined alongside her husband.

Halfway through the breakfast, my grandmother, the Queen, asked me a question. "Estella dear, how are you finding your chambers?"

I looked up at her from my plate, and answered her question, " Very well."

"Are they comfortable? "

"Comfortable? Comfortable is a small word. They are far more luxurious than what I had in mind." I said smiling, contentedly. "Thank you."

"Dearie, I am glad that you like them. But there is absolutely no need for my granddaughter to thank me for anything at all. All that I want you to have, I will give you. No matter what. Ok?" She said in a very warm and motherly tone.

I just nodded, understanding.

"And the maids? Are they satisfactory? " She asked." We would of course want someone who is compatible with you to be you lady's maid. You should tell us immediately if you want to change them."

I don't know what urged me but, I vehemently shook my head, and quickly gulped down some water to help me swallow my bite of bread.

"NO!" I say a little too loudly, " I mean they are lovely." Then I realised that it's not something you want in a lady's maid, "they are very helpful and friendly, and they are very nice. I wouldn't want anyone else, when I have those ladies."