24|A walk in the garden|

He walked me out to the garden. I was taken aback by the serene and tranquil environment of the garden. The lush green carpet of grass and the vibrant beds of flowers beautified it and the pebbled path from the door of the lounge into the garden gave it more attractiveness. It was truly a  wonderful sight.

"So, let me start from the beginning. My name is Prince Edward Louis Albert Blackstone the house of Blackstones from the Finotican Royal family , my lady. How do you do?"

"I am very fine thank you. Should I introduce myself in the same elborate manner?" I asked him emphasising on elaborate.

He looked at me and chuckled a little. "If you can." He said and nodded.

"Well it's not as big as yours. I am Estella Anne Alexander, from Annie's Orphanage, of no house or family, yet. How do you do, sir? " I tried saying all the same things he had.

"Well I am very well and quite amused by the elaborate introduction  of yours."

"I am most sated to know that you, your Royal Highness were amused. Um, your highness I meant to -" I trailed off because he was shaking his head vehemently."What? "

"Please quit using the formal addresses. I am Edward to my family and friends."

"Yes, Edward. I was saying that... hm...About earlier. I am sorry. It's just.."

He cut me off again.

"Miss Estella, did I ask for an apology?" He asked. He stopped and faced me.

"No. You did not. But still my conscience says that I should apologise for my behaviour." I honestly replied. "And as you, yourself, said please don't use the formal address, I am Estella to everyone, no titles attached."

We continued walking and he  smiled. I waited for him to say something.

"Ok Ella, but you should not be sorry for I  have already forgotten it. Consider this our first meeting."

Ok. Fresh start. But still.

"If you say so. So is this just introduction?" I asked. If everything had been forgotten then why come out?

"You say it as if you don't like my company. " He said, placing his hand on his chest, feigning offence. "I am wounded."

"Oh! I am so sorry! I hurt your feelings now, didn't  I? " I said laughing at his expression.

"Yes you very much did." He sniffed. "I don't know how will overcome the feeling of being this hurt."

Someone here is jolly. I laughed at his pout. He looked adorable. He started laughing with me.

We walked down the pebbled path, still laughing when my toe hit something hard and I stumbled, in order to regain myself, my other foot slipped and I was sure that I would land on my back. I let out a little yelp and shut my eyes as I braced for impact.

I never hit the ground. I opened my eyes to come face to face with Edward. I was in his arm, he had caught me midway of my fall and his face was so close to me. For the first time in our whole meeting did I ever look into his eyes, directly. And were they beautiful?

His stunning grey-blue orbs pierced into mine. They were simply beautiful. No other word could fit for their description, they enhanced his every feature.

"Are you OK? "He asked me.

For a moment, I lost my voice. It took me a little while to regain myself nut it was after I heard a click of a camera.

"Yes , I am" I said and quickly pushed myself out of his arms. I ran my hand over my dress to smooth it.

I looked around to find where the click had come from. I do not like this extra attention. They have been clicking and recording most of the things today, and some of these films and photos would make it to the TV screens , and this one in particular would be spiced up.