10| Negotiations |

After having the decedant dessert we all marched towards the dorm. We changed, the rest of the girls retired to bed since it was 10:15. We all, by rule, get into bed at 10:00 pm sharp.

While I walk out of the dorm to Madamme's room. I need to withdraw. Riana and Rylan can go together aswell and I can take my last exam and not risk my scholarship in last two years of high school. I have had a 100% attendance. I have maintained my A+ grade throughout my time in this school. I cant just bear to hear that all that is one thing and I not taking an exam is another fact, I cant bear to know that I skipped my last exam for a trip to the palace and it caused me to lose my chance for good high school(since Madamme sends us to a non private high school, it is not as good as the private ones) .And maybe God wants us to switch places, Ria and I.

When I reached her personal room, I saw light coming out of the hinge of her office. That meant she was there so I walked to her office. Just as I was about to knock I heard madamme,"...its all my fault. I should have been more careful."

"Its alright. She wouldnt know it was about her in the first place and no one else has to know. Get rid of it or hide it." The second voice said. I recognized her immediately as none other than Sophie.

"I have taken care of that note. I just hope she doesnt ask anything about it. I just, how can I be so careless." Madammes said clearly worried." What if she decides to withdraw?"

Note?

Oh note!! S&N note. Oh.

Well who else found out? She is in the lot of us for sure. Who might that be?

I decided not to evasdrop more so I knocked. Stupid. I mentally face palm myself.

"Yes? Who is it?" Madamme said.

You can turn around and talk tomorrow.

"Its Estella."

"Es? Come on in." Sophie said opening the door.

"What is it dear? Why are you here at this late hour?" Worried madamme asked.

"I.. I cant go to the palace. I want to withdraw." I said without even thinknig. Stupid.

Madamme and Soph share a glance.

"W-why?" Soph stammered

"Um. You see we have to go on Monday. And I have my history exam and I cant miss it for the world. Not ever. And you know it Sophie."

Madamme sighed almost in relief. What is it with her emotions. First when she pulled out my name she had this relieved expression and now my withdrawl has brought relief to her. Its the age. Yes it is.

"I think I should trade places with Riana. Dont you think?"I continued.

And with that madamme started shaking her head vigrously.

"No. You are not with drawing because of that petty reason." She said.

"No madamme. You need to understand its not a petty reason. Come on Soph you know it. You know how much this test means. Besides if it had been a day later I would have gone. I am going to have a break of two weeks starting from Tuesday." I said.

"Then thats it we can call the palace and ask them if wr could change days. Sophie call Mr.Anthony, his nymber is in my drawer." Madamme ordered.

"No why would you do that? Why? I mean Ria can go in my place and there would be no problem. We dont need to involve the Royal officials." I said.

Sophie stopped in her tracks. She waited for madamme's call.

"One way or the other we would have to call them. Even if we want to add Ria. Call them Soph."

And that was final. It was in her tone. The topic was not in for an argument.

"Ok. But can you please ask them if they can add Ria. I mean even if they change days." I said.

She nodded.

After a moment or two of silence, Sophie handed the phone to madamme.

"Hello. This is madamme Annie speaking." She said in the phone. "From the Annie's Orphanage."

Pause.

"Yes. I was told to contact Mr. Anthony Morse on this number if any problem came up."

"Hello. Mr.Anthony- of course Anthony how do you do?"

"The reason I have called right now is because one of the girls wants to withdraw... yes... she has an exam on Monday and she wont miss it... yes I was hoping if by any chance the day could be changed to Tuesday instead.... I understand... Ok I will wait."

After a longer pause.

"Thank you. There was one more thing. Estella has also made a request... yes I know but you have to hear it at least I have to do my part.... thank you, well the request is she wants the twins to go together. She is willing to give her place for Riana so that she can go with her sister Rylan..... Yes please do.... oh great... yes they will do that for sure. Thank you very much. I am obliged." Madamme said. "Good night." She hung up.

She looked up at me and Sophie beaming. Not uttering a word.

"So...?" Soph inquired.

"Well ok so Ria goes."

"Yippie" I squealed.

"And you all are going on Tuesday." Madamme said.

Well what can I say today was one lucky day.

"Really?" I asked for confirmation. And she nodded.

I am sure I looked like a three year old with a lolipop in my mouth. I was smiling from ear to ear, showing the perfect dental set that I have.

"Now that you have the idea of withdrawing out of your mind, answer one question." Madamme started.

"Yes?"

"Your behaviour with Mr. Andrew..."

I knew this was coming.

Sure you did.

I did brain. Back me up.

"Yeah about that.. um.." I started, oh brain help.

"Sorry. I lost it.. "

"No need to apologize. I am not chiding you for behaviour. It was good that you took a stand for your sisters but let it be subtle next time. No need to pounce on the person. But I wouldnt say much, because well , what can I say, he deserved it. " madamme said.

And Soph and I stared at her wide eyed, mostly because of the last part. She would never ever say that for anyone. Well maybe he deserved it for sure

"What?" She asked nonchalantly.

And Soph and I burst into giggles at that. Soon madamme joined us. After a while we put a halt to our giggles.

"Ok now. Come on Es now retire to bed." Soph said.

"Ok. Good night. Thank you."