Chapter 23: Department Store

"Pichu, lookie! It's the Department Store!" Hikaru began cheering and hugging Pichu in front of the building.

"Hikaru, you're too damn loud. You're giving me a headache," Sentoki began rubbing his temples. The girls made him get up early so they could go shopping. "What are we getting here anyways? I was supposed to go training."

"Training?! Remember what Erika said? We have two days until we can get back to Pokemon and all that stuff. We can finally take a break. We're always non-stop these days. Come on, Sentoki," Hikaru said as they went inside. 

"Yeah, Sentoki. Why do you always train like you're running out of time? Always practicing like you need it to survive, sheesh Sentoki. Take a break," Kimyona said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Ugh, fine. Just this once," he groaned.

The Department Store was basically a huge mall for trainers and Pokemon. There were shops everywhere. Everything one person could ever need was found in the Department Store.

"Don't be so grumpy. We do need to stock up on some things," Kimyona added. Hikaru started pulling her to a Pokemon accessories store. Sentoki reluctantly followed behind. He stood around the store as he heard Hikaru tell Kimyona how cute something would look on Pichu. Pichu secretly left Hikaru and went over to Sentoki.

"Not into this shopping thing either?" Sentoki asked Pichu.

"Pichu, pi," Pichu said glumly.

"I don't really get girls. What's so great about putting clothes on a Pokemon? I mean, look at this shit!"

He picked up a top hat and put it on Pichu's head for emphasis. Some girls saw this and began whispering about cute it was that he was dressing up Pichu. Sentoki began blushing and went to return Pichu to Hikaru. He looked around the whole store and couldn't find them. He left and saw that they were in a stone evolutions store.

"Oi. Hikaru. Forgetting something?" Sentoki said, giving Pichu back.

"I already knew he was with you," Hikaru said, "Sentoki, Pichu, look at this. It's an evolutionary stone." She pointed at a Thunderstone. Sentoki whistled at the sight of it.

"Hey, maybe you can evolve Eevee with it."

He shook his head and said, Jolteon is a good choice but not the one for me."

Kimyona came shortly after with a purchased item. She wouldn't tell what stone she got. After a more browsing around the Department Store, the trio finally made it the rooftop. Surprising, it was closed off.

"Closed? How can it be closed? It's a roof." Sentoki said.

"I don't know but I'm going to find out," Hikaru said slyly while going up the stairs.

"Hikaru, we can't," Kimyona said and pointed to the sign, "It said it's close."

Hikaru rolled her eyes and said "It's a piece of paper. What's it gonna do? Papercut me to death?" She proceeded up the stairs. Sentoki and Kimyona stayed there because they don't want to be in trouble again. Hikaru got to the top and looked around. Empty. She decided that this place was boring and went back to her friends.

"Well?" Sentoki said when Hikaru got came down.

"There's nothing there. Just some vending machines," Hikaru reported.

"Why the hell would there be vending machines on a roof," Sentoki questioned.

"Now that we've seen the whole place, let's leave. I wanna try out the new stuff we bought," Kimyona said while pointing at their shopping bags. The trio left and went to the Pokemon Center's practice grounds. There, they took out their Pokemon. Sentoki took Hikaru and Kimyona's earlier advice and laid down under a tree instead of training while Hikaru had Vulpix train the newly evolved Charizard. Kimyona, on the other hand, was sorting out their newly bought stuff. Vulpix saw this and wanted to know what was happening. Kimyona took out the Fire Stone she bought and called Growlithe over. She began explaining to Growlithe what was going to happen.