Chapter 52: Rise Up

"I see his errors," nodded Subarashi to himself.

"What do you mean?" asked Jinsoku to his older brother.

"Sentoki got carried away. He was confident his Sceptile could beat Pidgeot. Then when it came to Electivire he thought he could beat him just like that. Electivire was still weak from Machamp's battle, and not only that, I don't know what they were doing with that Solarbeam but that was way too strong for anything. He thinks he can just win battles like its nothing."

Sentoki looked to the referee and asked for a timeout. A five minute timeout was given to Sentoki and he and Kimyona went back to their competitor's rooms with an official following them so nothing against the rules will happen. Sentoki sat down with sweat accumulating on his forehead. Once again, his hands were folded and hanging off his lap and his head was down. His leg dribbled rapidly.

"I need to change my game plan. I need to fight smarter, not harder. C'mon Sentoki, what other tricks to you have up your sleeve," he contemplated as he drank some water.

In the other room, Kimyona was pacing as she was thinking. "The score is even. Venusaur is very strong, Pidgeot is my speed demon, and Garchomp is my tank. Blastoise, Dragonite, and Glaceon will have nothing on them. Sentoki had his moment to shine earlier but this fight is mine from here on out."

Sentoki, now with a new game plan, commenced back to the battlefield and saw his foe on the other side. He untied and tied the bandana around his fist and wiped the sweat on his brow.

"Are you ready to continue?" asked the referee to Sentoki. He did the same to Kimyona and the battle continued.

"Atom, you're up!" Sentoki sent out his Dragonite.

"Go, Pidgeot!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've been waiting for," Subarashi smiled as he talked to himself.

Atom towered over Pidgeot but Pidgeot was fast. Atom immediately took the skies and Pidgeot followed suit. Atom flew away from Pidgeot who was trailing after him. Atom knew Pidgeot was quickly catching up on him and quickly turned around and used Thunder Punch. Pidgeot lost her fight for a moment and Atom was able to make a gap between him and Pidgeot. They faced each other in the sky, flapping their wings to keep them on the same level.

"Dragonite definitely has the edge here. He's way faster, plus he has arms. Sentoki should definitely have this one in the bag."

Pidgeot was about to use Aerial Ace when Atom suddenly used Dragon Rush, making both of them fall out of the sky. During their fast descent to the ground, Pidgeot squirmed, trying to get herself out of Atom's very tight grasp. Pidgeot pecked at Atom, who let his grip go and Pidgeot was able to escape before narrowly missing the ground. She flew back into the air, trying to catch her breath. Atom was giving chase with ease and he used Thunder Wave, effectively knocking Pidgeot out of the sky. Kimyona watched helplessly as Pidgeot plummeted back down to the Earth. Atom swooped around and flew down towards Pidgeot. Atom inhaled and used Dragon Pulse, plunging Pidgeot fifty feet down into the ground. Atom landed on his side of the field as Pidgeot laid completely motionless.

"Pidgeot is no longer able to battle!"

"That was absolutely brutal!" shouted Jinsoku. "This Dragonite means business for sure!"

Atom let out a puff of air through his nose, signifying his dominance.

Sentoki recalled Atom, "That was incredible. Take a break, I'm going to need you later."

Hikaru's jaw dropped once again. "That was a terrible defeat for Kimyona. She still has Venusaur and Garchomp though, we have a chance," she reassured herself. Pichu can tell when her master is in distress so it began to dance around to cheer Hikaru up.