Chapter 40: The Road of Victory

"Crap it's dark in here," said Sentoki as he nearly crashed into the rocky walls.

"Hmm. Charizard, light 'em up!" shouted Hikaru as she released him from its pokeball.

The cave was suddenly illuminated as Charizard guided the trio with its fiery tail.

"Hey, what the?" said Kimyona in confusion.

"What?" asked Hikaru and Sentoki as they searched around. Charizard growled and faced a yellow light.

"A light!" exclaimed Hikaru believing it was a good thing. She took a step forward to try to run for it before Kimyona grabbed her and pulled her back. Her grip was tight.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that light," she said slowly.

"Yeah. Look at it. It seems like it's coming towards us," said Sentoki as he let out Dinamika.

Dinamika was laying on the ground when he was let out. He stood up slowly and gave his arms a shake. The newly evolved Electivire was new to this big, new body. He looked over at Charizard who was facing the light, its tail fire getting hotter and hotter. Charizard looked back. They talked for a little.

"Tag team," said Dinamika. Charizard growled with a nod. The trio didn't know what they were saying but they could tell they were getting along. Suddenly without command, Dinamika's hands light up. Charizard and Dinamika ran into the darkness of the cave; the yellow and orange glow starting to fade in the distance.

"Charizard! Stop!" shouted Hikaru as she chased after them. Sentoki and Kimyona quickly followed behind. The orange and yellow glow coming from Charizard and Dinamika was getting brighter. In the distance, another yellow light was forming; then there was another yellow light. Charizard and Dinamika stopped running when suddenly a Raichu lunged at Dinamika with Iron Tail.

The trio caught up only to find Dinamika and Charizard fighting a Raichu and Electabuzz.

"Another trainer," said Sentoki.

Hikaru studied the fight going on. The other trainer stood there commanding his Pokemon to attack theirs.

"I know," muffled Hikaru.

"Did you say something?" asked Kimyona.

Hikaru ran behind Sentoki and Kimyona. She whispered," Charizard and Dinamika are doing a tag team against them so it's gonna be a 1-on-2."

Charizard stood back to light up the fight while Dinamika was out on the battlefield. Raichu came at Dinamika from behind with a Quick Attack. Dinamika's eyes shifted to the right. Quickly, he jumped and dodged Raichu's attack; then Dinamika followed through with an Electro Ball onto Raichu's back who was still running. Dinamika landed behind Raichu and picked it up. Electabuzz was coming at Dinamika from behind. Electabuzz took a step back, turned around, and threw Raichu at Electabuzz. Raichu hit Electabuzz in the chest, causing Electabuzz to crash to the ground with Raichu on him. Charizard was there to finish them with a powerful Flamethrower.

The other trainer quickly withdrew his Pokemon and ran the direction the trio came from. Charizard and Dinamika's teamwork was amazing. The trio continued on with Charizard in front to light the way in front and Dinamika behind to watch their backs.

After about half an hour, they found an open grotto in the tunnel and took a break there. There was a rumble on the ground.

"Earthquake?" asked Sentoki as he stood up and watched the stalagmites shake.

"No," said Hikaru as she knelt down, closed her eyes, and put her hand on the ground. Pichu leaped off her shoulder and imitated her. She stood up and calmly but hesitantly said," Pokemon horde."