I later checked the time and notice it was 7:58,
I rush down the head of  stairs while tying my hair in a messy bun, not caring one bit of how my hair seems to look. As i reach the end of the stairs i grab my lunch and book bag i had left on the hallway table for me to retrieve. I could drive myself to school to save me time but then again Kalani would scold me forever so maybe not. I step outside I'm greeted by the harsh warm air hitting my face.

 I hear Kalani honk her car horn and i turn around immediately. Kalani had her  passengers window down halfway , i check the time again and it's eight. I walk to her car slower than i intended too then get in and face the unpatient girl i call my best friend.

"Your outfit is hot" she  says in a annoying voice scanning me up and down as i make myself comfortable in her car.

I giggle to myself as I didn't know how to accept compliments, it was hard for me although kalani knew she continued to spoil me with compliments anyway and she didn't mind, i adore her for it.

We arrive at school and immediately i regret getting out of the car, just seeing everyone gave me anxiety which I couldn't understand why.
Kalani gave me a little push on my back.

"This year will be different in a positive way, I promise" she tries to assure me.I tried so hard to focus on her words and i managed too, for at least the first 20 minutes of being in this hell hole. But all hell came loose as soon as i saw the judgemental and unaware students who attend this fan-fucking-tastic of a school. I mentally roll my eyes.

The bell rings and i make my way to my home room, i notice one of my old friends, Lilith. She was sitting with her two minions. Ruby and olive, they were very beautiful girls but they are just Liliths followers, if they had a little more self respect then i guess they wouldn't be as cruel. I walk slowly across the classroom heading towards the back row as usual, in the corner of my eye i slightly notice all of the them glaring at me as if i called their shoes fake. I immediately look away and try my best not to make eye contact. Avoidenve is good, it means no  unnecessary drama for me, i guess.

"Is it just me or does cassie jones look like she got uglier over the summer" Ruby yells across the room hoping i would hear, although she knows i heard she still plays it of as if I'm not in the room. I would frankly yell back but I'm noy going to give them the satisfaction seeing as they are not worth it

Lilith laughs loud and glares at everyone so they would follow her and as usual they did, but I didn't care. I don't say a thing, i keep to myself and place my head in between a book. I still proceeded to ignore them, untill A presence caught my eye, the presence that I can't seem to shake off. He gives me an uneasy feeling and i can't help but to despise him.

Noah perkens, as cliche as it sounds Noah is basically the 'bad boy' at this school, Every girl at this school I'm sure off has dreams of being held in his arms, I don't know if it's the bad boy exterior but it seems to make girls drop on their knees for him, witch is stupid really. No girls really had a chance due to Lilith, him and Lilith are what you call 'fuck buddies' it's all they really do, have sex then she threatens girls who try or have slept with him. Again stupid.

Noah flexes his large arms and combs his long fingers through his jet black hair, His piercing brown eyes makes contact with mine, I immediately roll my eyes and dart my eyes away from his intimidating stare.

Noah is very well built and has a muscular body, the way his eyes complements his face made him seem so perfect, His jawline was sharp and it matched his athletic face. Not going to lie, Noah was incredibly hot but i knew that he had higher standards than me, obviously. Besides his looks inside of him was someone I'd hate to meet, he is so cold and cruel. The way he talks and disrespects everyone around him is disgusting but I can't do anything about it. No matter how many times he treated Lilith wrong she'd always run back to him. Which is another thing i don't seem to understand.

Why was i friends with her? Because she wasn't always like that,We have a whole heap of history but for now lets just say after middle school, High School really impacted on her and popularity became a huge priority to her. She stopped talking to me for some reason and then made hideous rumours about me, i still don't understand why. But i have no time to reminisce on the past and think about childish acts.

Lilith is indeed a beautiful girl, with her glowing short blonde hair, dreamy brown eyes and plump lips, he body is breath taking but she doesn't have self respect nor respect for those around her.

The bell rings pulling me from my thoughts and our teacher, Mrs Naylor steps into the classroom with her black high heels clanking on the smooth floor silencing the class.

"Welcome back" she says excitedly causing students to groan or shout excitedly.

"Ok class settle down" she giggles "now sit down in your assigned seats" miss Naylor says in her soft voice walking around the class handing each and one of us a sheet of paper.

The paper included our own timetables with our seating arrangement attached.I analyse the sheet of paper.

"Whoever your assigned to sit with, you will be there for the rest of the semester and they will also be your  partner for whatever projects or assignments ." Mrs Naylor shouts amongst the class of teenagers.

I looked at the sheet looking for my name, I really didn't mind who i sat with as long as it's not Lilith and her posse but a unsettling feeling in my stomach increases as i see my name at the bottom of the sheet. Shit.

• Cassie jones, Noah Perkens [back row]

My heart fell to the ground, why him? I ask myself. He's extremely challenging and quite the distraction. Noah groans standing up from his desk and slowly making his way next to me, my breathing gets harder to contain as he comes closer.

At the corner of my eye Liliths facial expressions doesn't really surprise me, i was expecting her intake as soon as i read his name. As  her eyes  narrow right at me like a dagger trying to cut through me i look back at her not phased at all.

"Well aren't i lucky, to work with jones." Noah says sarcastically  looking at me.

"So is whats going on about you true?" he darts his eyes at the back of my head like he's eager to know my answer, when really he just craves a reaction and something to laugh at. I stay silent as he slumps lower on to his seat . My first instinct was to get up and leave but it's just the first day so maybe this will wear off, eventually. And I'm not going to cave in.I turn back around as the teacher begins talking again. For a split second I look at him, I'm not sure why.

The bell ends dismissing us from class, i pack my things up slowly then turn my head to face Noah who is doing the same just a little more harsher handling his books and belongings, in all honesty I'm surprised he even has books.

I clear my throat before speaking.

"So um where do you want to study" I almost whisper. Noah looks up at me figuring out what I'm talking about. So i pick up the book and task sheet before waving it around lightly. His rolls his eyes as he realises. He shrugs his shoulders.

"How about the library, after school on thursday?" i whisper loud enough for him to hear.

"I'm not going to a fucking library, My house on thursday," 

Noah says aloud putting his bag on his back then hastily walking out of the classroom leaving me alone.

"Better days are coming" i whisper to myself, giving myself hope.

Why was Noah such a jerk? I think to myself, whatever his deal is I shouldn't care. I'll just have to avoid him till thursday, simple.