twenty-six

The way she walked around as if she was a queen is what really bothered you. She couldn't get it through her thick skull that just because she was best friends with Amanda, didn't mean she had some sort of power over everyone else. Lauren Klause, the world's dumbest girl. That might seem like an exaggeration, but I'm serious. If you asked her any question she'll probably give you the wrong answer 99 percent of the time.

I continue waiting for Lauren to write everyone's name on the board as the teacher asked. I look up and see everyone's name written incorrectly. 

Rian

Tlyer

Yasmine

Karlie

Paiyton

Annabel

...

"Uh, Lauren. You spelled everyone's name wrong." I act as polite as I can because so far, she hasn't been super rude to me like Amanda. I still don't like her because she's friends with her, but I'm not gonna be a complete douche for no reason just due to association. 

"What are you, Einstein?" She glares at me and turns around. I sigh and continue writing down my answers to our study guide. 

Soon the class ended and I reflected on what Lauren kept whispering to me, 

"Amanda is out for you. Be careful." 

I wasn't sure if this was a trick or if she was actually trying to help me but I already knew, at least for the most part, that Amanda was definitely out to get me. She knows Ethan doesn't like her anymore yet she still continues to force him to be with her. In all honesty this could've been going on a lot longer than I know. 

I walk through the lunch line and eventually get to my normal seat with Parker. Ethan and Grayson walk up to us and sit down and we all smile at one another and nobody says anything. Eventually Grayson speaks up and everyone sighs out of relief that the awkwardness was finally gone. 

"Is it just me or are we being really awkward right now?" 

Parker laughs and nods her head to her left, "Probably because Amanda keeps staring at us. Not to spook you Anabelle, but she's probably plotting your murder."

I grin and nod, "You know, that's honestly true." 

Ethan speaks up, "If she tries anything on you I'll fucking beat her. I literally don't care what happens to me anymore." 

"Ethan. Shh." I say, putting my hand on his knee and squeezing in order to calm him down. He loses tension in his body and groans, "I just- I just can't stand her!" 

"Me either E." Grayson agrees with him and Parker nods in agreement. 

"Ya'll hear they made a netflix and chill section on netflix? It's all spooky movies!" Parker gets all excited and I laugh before continuing, 

"Yo! Let's make a fort at my house later and watch spooky movies!" 

Ethan and Grayson look at one another and smile and then look back and nod at me, "We'll be there around seven?" Ethan asks, to make sure seven o'clock works. I smile and nod as a response and continue eating my food. 

--- 

This chapter is basically a filler and kinda sucks but um, new character? do you think she's helping anabelle or do you think she's helping amanda? 

xoxo kay