twenty

"Ethan! Good god, you scared me. Yes, everything is fine. I just, uh, I gotta go." I rushed away from Ethan and walked out the door, heading towards home. At the rate I was walking it would take about 40 minutes to get home, but my drunk self didn't mind. 

I stumbled down the dark street, looking around at the many twists and turns, trying to remember which way to go. 

"Anabelle, get in the car!" I wasn't exactly sure who it was, but I obeyed. I was too drunk to really do anything else, and I was starting to get sick of walking. 

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, so I jumped up and fumbled around to put my shoes on. I waddled to the door and tried to open it, just to find out it was unlocked. 

I pulled my phone out my bra, remembering I had put it there last night. I was getting nervous, and I decided to text Ethan. 

I don't know why I decided to text him first, I guess I just thought of him first. I tapped away at my phone and sent Ethan a text. 

E, my head hurts and I don't know where I am.

Ethan: Anabelle? I thought you went home after the party. Hold on? Where are you? 

I don't know, I hear footsteps though. I thought I was fine but im getting scared. 

Ethan: is your gps on your phone on?

yeah, why

Ethan: Parker connected her phone to yours when you were in the bathroom. Just keep your phone hidden and we'll come to find you.

I left Ethan on read and hid my phone in my bra, where it had been before. That was the easiest place I could think of, besides my hooha and nothing would be going up there anytime soon. 

A half hour had passed before I started to worry, wondering what was really going on. 

"Drew! We have to teach her a lesson. She has to learn that there are consequences." I knew that voice all too well. I sighed at the thought of having to deal with her again, but it also brought me great relief, knowing it was someone I knew. 

I awaited Ethan's arrival and as time went on the more bored I had gotten. I fell back asleep on the small wooden bedframe I had been sitting on. 

"Anabelle, Anabelle! Babe! Anabelle? Where are you?" I yawned as I sat up and I began knocking frantically at the door of the room I was locked in. 

"Anabelle, darling? Are you in there?" Ethan's voice softly asked and I spoke very quietly, answering him with a simple "Yes." 

He wiggled the door open and took me out, running me out to his car. "I know Amanda did it." 

"God, Ethan. Why is she so obsessed with you? It's scary." I complain to him about her and he agrees, leaving me satisfied with his opinion and we go back to the silence besides the soft sounds of Rex Orange County playing in the background. 

"Anabelle? I love hanging out with you, but I think we do need to stay away from eachother. At least until this Amanda thing wears down. Your texts scared the shit out of me and I don't want to even think about what else Amanda will do." 

"Ethan. It's fine. Afterall, this was my idea in the first place. I agree, we need to cool off for a little bit. I don't know what went on in my mind last night when I decided it would be a good idea to get in a strangers car, but I did. She's a vicious vicious monster." 

I sighed and leaned my head against the door, lip-syncing to the lyrics of Sunflower by Rex Orange County. Ethan dropped me off at home and I smiled and waved goodbye to him, knowing I wouldn't really speak to him for a while. 

Short chapter, I was at work today but I just wanted to update you guys:,) 

Ive gotten endless amounts of support for this book and I feel BAD not updating omg

xx Kaylynn