eight.

It's been a week since that whole incident with Parker happened. We both got over it when the weekend ended, and over the past few days, Ethan's stayed the same. Nothing new has happened with him and he hasn't done anything bad to me, or even Parker for that matter, for a few days. 

It was now the next Friday, school was out and Parker and I drove home. I dropped Parker off at her house and headed back to mine. I parked the car in the garage and walked up to my room after closing the garage door. My dad wasn't home from work yet so I plugged my phone in and connected it to the speaker. I started blaring Adventures by Kid Cudi and put my playlist on shuffle. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and danced around a bit while I was cleaning up.
Someone had knocked on the door multiple times, so I walked over to answer it.
"Hey." Ethan stood at the door with his hands in his pockets.
"Hi Ethan, how are you?" I ask, opening the door more so he can come in.
"I'm good. I was wondering if you'd want to go with Grayson and I to the fair tomorrow? You could bring Parker too, if you'd like." Ethan says, rocking on his feet.
"That sounds lovely, Ethan. I'll call Parker right now."
"Okay, cool."
I pick up my phone and pause the music so I can call Parker. After about the third ring she picks up.
"Whats up Anabelle?"
"Hey, Ethan was wondering if we'd be cool with going to the fair with him amd Grayson tomorrow. You down?" I ask, looking up at Ethan who was standing on the other side of the counter.
"I'm down, fair food is the best."
"Ah yes! Okay, well I have to get back to cleaning up my house, see ya Park!" I say, hanging up the phone and pushing play on my playlist.
"She said she would go." I tell Ethan, and continue to mop the floor.
"Hey, sorry if this is boring. I wanted to clean up for my dad a bit today." I say, apologizing to Ethan for not paying attention to him and so intently cleaning.
"It's okay, you have a nice voice."
Shit, I was singing?
"And yes, you were singing." Ethan says as he laughs.
"Oh, well then." I say, my face turning red as I turn around so I'm not facing him anymore.
"It's alright, Anabelle. Don't get embarassed." Ethan says, putting his hand on my shoulder and spinning me around.
Ethan kept his hand on my shoulder a tad bit longer than I had expected, so when he removed it there was a bit of an awkward silence.
"Uh, so, do you want anything to eat?" I ask, opening up the fridge so I can find something for myself. "I'm planning on making Mac and Cheese, if you want any?"
"Sure, thanks Anabelle." Ethan says, taking a seat at one of the barstools by my island in the kitchen.
I finish making the food and hand Ethan a bowl. I decide to pour salt and pepper on mine.
"You like salt and pepper on macaroni?" Ethan asks, making a barfing noise in his mouth.
"Shut up, Ethan. It's good." I say, wacking his shoulder lightly and taking a bite of my food.
"Okay okay, you do you babe." Ethan says.
I can tell he immediately regretted calling me babe. It would ruin his reputation or whatever.
"I won't tell anyone you said that, Ethan." I say, backing up from him a bit.
I know we're chill right now, but knowing Ethan, he could change moods in the matter of seconds.
"Oh fuck, Anabelle. I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to freak you out."
"Ethan, it's fine. I mean, it's my fault for being so paranoid." I say, trying to reassure him.
"No Anabelle, I told you I was going to make it up to you."
///
WOWIE, short chapter im sorry!! But uh, sorry for the long ass wait. Ive been busy with finals but its finally summer!! Ahh okay, have a good one guys:)
-k