twenty-one

The next few days, weeks, months, or however long I needed to stay away from Ethan was going to be tough, and I knew it. But it was all for a good reason and that's something I was for sure not going to forget. 

I cracked my knuckles as a force of habit and I walked down the hallway of the school with Parker. I had explained to her the situation last night and she completely understood. I'm assuming Ethan told Grayson, but either way, it still might be a bit awkward to see him. 

I know I'm not supposed to stay away from Grayson but it just feels awkward because of the entire situation and I don't want to know how it'll play out if Ethan comes back into the picture too soon. Amanda was capable of some pretty horrendous things but I feel like she could do worse. 

I took a seat next to Parker in our chem-lab and start taking notes as a distraction from my constant thoughts of the whole situation. 

"Everything alright?" Parker leaned over and kept her eyes on the teacher, still trying her best to pay attention to the teacher, but also to me. I sighed and whispered back to her, 

"Just overthinking this whole Ethan thing. Nothing big." 

"Anabelle. This is big and you know it. Did you actually want to stop talking or was this just your way of staying safe?" Parker asks, keeping herself quiet. I pause and pay attention to the teacher for a minute before responding, 

"I don't want to stop talking to him but if I don't who knows what could go wrong. And he did suggest we stop talking for a while so I feel as if it isn't my decision anymore, ya feel?" 

Parker nods and continues taking notes before flipping her notebook to a random page and writing a note down for me to read. 

We continue writing notes to eachother throughout the class and it was almost like a little therapy session. Parker was always there for me and I couldn't thank her enough. 

We walked together to lunch and got into the line. I looked around the lunchroom and looked at a table that Parker and I could sit at if no one got there first. 

Parker and I walked to our lunch table and began eating the lunch we had been served. 

"Anabelle, dear. I'm so glad you've finally gotten the message. I finally have my baby back." Amanda walks by, hand in hand with Ethan. I sighed as she walked passed but looked back up from my food as Ethan turned and looked at me with a sincere look in his eye. 

Parker smiled at Ethan and went back to eating her food and I gave him a look that showed him it was okay and that I understood what he was meaning to show me with his look. 

I walked to go dump my tray and headed back to the table where Parker was still chomping down on her food. 

-

I walked down the familiar path I had usually walked down when I wanted to think but not be bothered. The path soon turned from a sidewalk to a small rocky line, and I looked around at the many different plants that I had been accompanied by. 

My thoughts soon overtook my brain and I sat on a bench that I had seen. I had soon started dozing off and staring amongst the many different plants that had been surrounding me. 

/

okay heres a quick filler chapter guys :,) enjoy 

xx Kaylynn