twenty-two

A few weeks had gone by since the last time I've spoken to Ethan and to be honest it's gotten easier. I had forgotten what it was like to not be close with him but now I remember and with that reminder, this entire situation has gotten easier. 
I wasn't sure exactly where the future was held for me but I was sure that sooner or later I'd be back to normal. Back to the part of me that didn't constantly have this paranoid state of mind.
But the act of staying sane while being alone is an acquired trait of mine. I had grown up learning how to live basically on my own. My father was there, yes, but throughout the many journeys and adventures I'd been through, there are a few things he doesn't quite grasp.
I've finally gotten the happiness I deserve and Amanda goes and snatches it away from me. Parker really is the only thing I have left.

With a frown, I trudged down the street to the coffee shop. I was in need of an iced chai tea latte and to be honest, I don't think anything would stop me from getting one. I checked my phone to see a missed call from my dad, so I called him back after listening to his voicemail. 

"Anabelle, darling?" He asks quietly, his voice slightly raspy. I assume he must've been napping. I stood outside of the coffee shop and continued the conversation before walking in. 

"Yeah, why'd you call?" I switched my phone from my left hand to my right and reached into my purse for my card before walking in. 

"Curious where you were." He laughs and you laugh along before answering, "I was in my room." 

I finished the conversation right as it was my turn to order. I stood and looked at the boy taking orders. He seemed new around here, I haven't ever seen him before. "Ma'am? What do you want to get?" He waves his hand in front of my face and I shake my head, making myself get back into reality. I look at his name tag and see Ryan written down. I smile and order my drink, "Yeah, right. Sorry Ryan. Can I get the Iced Chai Tea Latte?" 

He types it out onto the cash register, "That'll be $4.86. Can I get a name?" 

"Anabelle." I respond, handing him my card so he can swipe it. 

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." He flirts, causing red to creep upon my face. I grin at his flirtatious self and he smiles. 

"Are you new around here?" I ask, grabbing my coffee from him. He walks around the counter and follows me to the couch I was going to take a seat on. 

"Yeah, moved here last week." I nod and say, "Oh that's cool. Where do you live? If that's not like, creepy." 

He laughs and responds, "It's chill babe. I live on 5th." I smile and nod, "Oh cool, I live on 4th. Are you joining our school?" 

He shakes his head yes, "Yeah, I'll be starting on Monday. Got any tips for me?" 

I take a sip out of my cup and smile before answering his question. Boy, do I have tips. "Yeah. Amanda Jakes? Total psycho. She's probably willing to suck you dry but she's also obsessed with Ethan Dolan. Ethan Dolan? Really sweet but also a MAJOR fuckboy and dick if you mess with him or his brother. Grayson Dolan? Ethan's twin, the nicer half of the two in my opinion. Grayson's really chill and always up to talk with basically anyone. Drew Holland? Amanda's "partner in crime." He's currently helping her get Ethan back, even though he clearly doesn't want to. Parker Wilkinson. Basically the only friend I have at the moment. She's super pretty and really nice to everyone unless you're a douche. Don't get on Parker's bad side. My suggestion to you is to stay away from Amanda and her posse unless you're in it to smash." 

He laughs at my last statement. "Got it. Well, I'll be your second friend, I guess?" 

I smile and run my fingers through my hair as I take another sip of my latte. "Sounds good." 

He stands up and fixes the apron he has on, "Well, I better get back to work before my boss gets mad. Don't wanna anger the big man, am I right?" 

"Ryan, son! Get over here and stop flirting with our customers!" A tall man with slightly grey hair yells from behind the counter. 

"Sorry dad!" He turns around and waves to me before running back over to the other side of the counter. He begins taking more orders and I grin at his confused self. 

ah okay, here's a slightly longer chapter. how do yall feel about a new character? i thought id spice it up a bit:) enjoy! 

xx Kaylynn