(14) Taking Care Of The Sick

(14)

Owen

3 Weeks Later

I looked at Beyoncé as I came down the stairs in some boxers and a t-shirt. She smiled at me but I couldn't smile. Everything was blurry. My dad calling me was something scary. I'm starting to have nightmares about it. Beyoncé didn't want me to worry about him though. Her family was moving soon. Why? I don't know.

"Owen, you feeling better?" Ms.Tina said.

"Yes I am, Ms... Tina." I shook my head a bit to try and concentrate. I didn't notice I had a headache. I tried to make my way over to the couch and stumbled.

"Woah, Beyoncé. Hold him up." I felt two arms wrap around me and hold me.

"I-I'm okay," I stuttered.

"You need to lay down, come on," Beyoncé says guiding me to the couch. I held my head and groaned.

"I'm gonna make him tea and get him some medicine."

"Okay, I'll be here making sure he's okay."

"Why are you guys acting like I'm dying?" I asked breathing heavily.

"This has happened 3 times this week."

"I don't recall those times."

"You literally fell out when you were eating a popsicle, then the other day you fell out at school and they thought you died."

"Don't say the last one..."

"Fine," She said smirking playfully.

"I'm serious."

"Okay... Daddy."

"Stawwwppp."

I laid there as Beyoncé and her mother were taking care of me. They reached out to my mom and she said she would be here in 3 hours. She lives FAR away. Maybe if I see my mother I'd feel better about my dad. I'm just going to hope she comes here.

Beyoncé made sure I was okay while her mother got me some tea. I really felt loved when I came here. It always made me forget my insecurities.

"Sit up, and take this," I heard Ms.Tina say.

"Okay." I slowly sat up as she gave me a pill and some water. I took the pill and started to drink the water.

"When you're done with that, Beyoncé run him a bath."

"Okay mama."

I breathed slowly as I watched Beyoncé walk away. I could feel the pounding slowly fading. I don't even know why I'm getting sick. Could it be too much stress? I felt like it was something else but I'm not really sure.

I heard footsteps and looked to see Beyoncé holding her hand out. I sighed and got up. We walked to the bathroom and she sat on the toilet while I took off my clothes.

"Just like the other times... just sit and I'll clean you."

"Y'all know I can clean my-"

"Yes, but you're sick... I wanna do it for you. I got you... just sit back and relax."

"I-okay."

I sat in the tub and felt her wetting a cloth and putting some soap on it. I let a breath I didn't know I was holding. I knew she was gentle with her touch but... I wasn't used to this.

I felt like a baby all over again.

---

This chapter is short because I was writing something else all week.

Do you think Ms.Tina knows what's going on between bey and Owen?

Bey and Owens relationship?

His mother?

Suggestions?

~Daddy