Chapter 10

IAN POV

********

   "I didn't do anything!" I insisted angrily as the muscle bound bouncer dragged me along the hall.
   "Yeah, right." He said, sounding like he'd heard that a thousand times.
   "If you would just come with me to talk with her, she'll tell you the truth!" I snapped, "it's that red headed bitch boozing her up and filling her head with lies!" I said venomously, my blood pressure rising just thinking of the scene that meddling bitch had made.
   "Not a chance." The bouncer snapped, kicking the door open and flinging me unceremoniously out the door onto the sidewalk.
   I staggered and fell, the people around me backing away. Dicks. Didn't even ask if I was okay.
   I regained my balance just as the bouncer said out loud, "And don't even think about trying to sneak back in. Do that and we'll call the cops!" He slammed the door shut behind him.
   Everyone in the vicinity turned to look at me, faces somewhere between pity and disdain. I brushed myself off, adjusting my shirt and stalked down the street.
   Fucking Harrison and her stupid fucking emo boyfriend. I couldn't fucking stand either of them. They had driven Virginia and I apart.

Virginia.

   The thought of her was like a breath of fresh air. Changing course, I turned and crossed the street to find a spot across from the club where I could wait to talk to her. If I could get her alone, I knew I could make her see reason.
   We were meant to be together.
   I found a spot in a darkened doorway, directly across the opening from the club and two doors down to the left. I had a perfect view of the entry way and I'd be able to see her as soon as she came out in the white dress like a spotlight.
   It had been thrilling to see her tonight up close, to touch her soft, soft, skin. She looked so beautiful it broke my heart. But she had always been beautiful.
   The first time I saw her, unpacking her backpack in that biology class, neatly arranging her planner, with her dark hair falling around her face, I knew she was meant to be mine. I had to have her.
   I had sat next to her and she smiled, tucking that beautiful hair behind her ear as she did so. I played it cool, and within weeks, she was my girlfriend.
   She was kind and gentle, and everything I ever wanted in a woman. I knew she was destined to be mine. We had started dating and spending all of our time together, but we also started fighting.
   She was so sweet but so fucking stupid sometimes. She couldn't see the way that the dining hall worker was checking her out. She didn't believe me when I said that her lab partner, who she swore up and down was gay, was hitting on her. I knew better. She was too naive to know any better, it's why she needed me.
   But every couple fights. If she would have just listened to me and not been such a liar we could still be happy!
   I could still love her for being a liar. It wasn't her fault that the red haired cunt filled her head with lies and her faggot emo boyfriend only wanted Virginia for himself. Anyone could see it. So I forgave her for lying about me. I forgave her for leaving, because I knew one day I'd have her back. One day she'd realize how stupid she'd been and I'd be there to take her back with open arms.
   Until that day, I had to content myself with loving her from afar.
   I remembered it all like it was yesterday. The little sighs of content she gave when I played with her hair, the squeaks she would give when I kissed her neck that turned into sighs of longing.
   She had been a virgin when we started dating, and I had had to bide my time until she was ready even though it made me insane to wait when I wanted her so badly. It had been worth it, though.
   I sighed, shifting from foot to foot, anxious for her to leave the club. I wanted to see her. I needed to get her away from her shitty so called friends. If they were actually her friends, they should want her to be happy like I did. They should have known I was the best thing for her.
   Not that black haired faggot that came between us in the club. My fingers curled into a fist, my stomach clenched, and my muscles tingled. I wanted to cave his fucking face in until it was a bloody pulpy mess.
   Try to smile and call me the wrong name with a broken jaw and fucked up teeth, I thought smugly to myself.
   I knew it had been an act. It had to be. My Virginia would never betray me like that. I knew she hadn't seen anyone since our break up. I had warned off all the other guys around her, letting them know they'd have to deal with me if they didn't leave her alone. She was so innocent, she still needed protection. I was getting more impatient by the second when she and the others finally left the club.
   She was so beautiful it took my breath away. She was thinner than I remembered, I hoped she was remembering to eat while she studied. She always forgot. Her hair was longer, too. I wanted to wrap it around my fist and yank it while I fucked her. Her skin was pale and luminous and she looked like an angel dressed in white. She had such a perfectly proportioned body: her legs were long and muscular from all her years of dance. She had a soft tummy and her tits were like apples that filled my hands perfectly, her back was still toned and graceful, her neck the swanlike arch I remembered. She glanced around as they stepped onto the sidewalk. Was she looking for me? I hoped she was. I had just made up my mind to cross the street and go to her when her friends swooped down on her.