26 - No More Waiting

Start from the beginning

"I love ice cream!" Niall cheered halfway through his cold snack; his cheeks, chin, and nose already covered in chocolate.

"We can tell," Harry chuckled at his roommate, pink tongue darting out to lick an equally pink soft serve ice cream cone. Taking painfully slow licks and deliberately long licks of his ice cream, green eyes meeting blue across the table for a moment before Louis averted his eyes.

"Louis?" Zayn said, and Harry blinked, looking over to where the boy was staring at him expectantly.

"Huh?"

Zayn huffed, offended that the blue-eyed hadn't been paying attention. Louis threw a sideways glance at Harry, heart-shaped lips closing around the tip of his pink ice cream, and he forced himself to meet brown eyes instead. He shouldn't think of dirty things when he's out with friends, but Harry was making it so damn hard.

"I said it's your turn to be dared, right?"

That sounded embarrassing, but Louis' first thought was that the boys were gonna dare him to perform fellatio on his ice cream cone, but he was probably the only one thinking about that. Wishful thinking, he thought while blue eyes racked Harry's body quickly.

"I guess," he replied, shrugging non-noncommittally.

Zayn's eyes positively glimmered as he exchanged a look with Liam. "How do you feel about visiting a professor during their office hours?" Liam asked, tilting his head as a smirk appeared on his face.

"You guys want me to go see one of my profs?" He asked, eyes shifting between the pair. "How is that a d—"

"A professor you don't have," Liam clarified, grinning wickedly. "Who teaches a class you've never taken."

Louis leaned back in his chair,stretching his arms over his head. It would be embarrassing, but that was the kind of thing he was expecting and could complete without flinching.

"How many points?"

"Six."

"I'll do it," he nodded, unable to stop the way his eyes focused back to Harry as he licked his lips.

He would annihilate that dare, just as soon as he got his mind out of the gutter.

Stepping out of the taxi, Louis shivered from the chill in the air. Winter in full swing, bringing temperatures that dipped bellow freezing, and Louis was glad he'd worn a scarf and a hat since they'd be outside most of the evening.

"I love the city in the winter!" Harry exclaimed, his fingers intertwined with Louis and smiling like he didn't have a care in the world. "It's so beautiful."

"It's so cold," Louis complained, pulling his hat over his ears and shifting closer to Harry, so close they stumbled over each others' feet and nearly fell.

Harry let out a joyous laugh and gripped Louis' arm, preventing him from falling. "You love it," he teased, poking out his tongue.

"Why couldn't I live somewhere where it's warm year-round?" Louis grumbled as they walked down the empty street, watching the multicolored Christmas lights twinkling around them.

"Then you would've missed oversized sweaters, beanies and your three cups of coffee a days," Harry teased. "And my ridiculously adorable wintertime smile."

Louis pursed his lips in thought. "Maybe just that last one."

"What about the others?"

"I could give those up."