Chapter 28

On your way back to Seoul, the rain got worse.

"We can't see a thing, which mean we can't go any further. We might not be able to see the cliff," Jungkook said. He pulled over and you nodded. You pulled out your headphones. Jungkook was about to speak again before you inserted you earphones. He noticed and kept quiet. You didn't actually play anything so you heard JK singing.

You heard the sorrow in his voice. When he finished singing, you took the earphones out.

"You still sing?" You shyly asked.

"You eavesdropped?" He asked with a smile. "So, your earphones are props?"

"Uh, I was listening to music before you sang."

"How have you been?"

"Well, you might know since you followed me everyday."

"There were times I did and times I didn't. I wasn't around everyday."

You were feeling ashamed and silence grew in the air.

"I'm going to take a nap, okay?" You said in a soft whisper.

"Okay. You can pull the seat back if you wish."

You fell asleep with your earphones in.

"Hey, you still awake? Y/n? I'm sorry," he whispered while staring at your sleeping face. "I regret putting your life in danger and not fighting for you. I want you to be happy and live without any worries in the world. I still need and love you. I missed you."

You woke up in Jungkook's car.

"Oh? When did we get here?" You asked with a hoarse voice.

"About two hours ago. You were sleeping so soundly so I didn't want to wake you.

After five years, you wanted to hug him and cry. You felt safe with him. You never want to let him go.

"Namjoon told me about your house. He told me to check your locks and everything to make sure you're safe."

"Oh, I ca--"

"Namjoon will kill me if something happens to you. With everything that happened, I believe him."

Before exiting the car, you stopped him with a question. "So, how have you been? You know, in the last five years."

"It's been hard," he said loud and clear. The next part he mumbled to himself. It was inaudible to you but he said, "without you."

"What?"

"I said that it's been hard, but I have enough money to survive."

"Oh. Should we check the locks?"

"Yes. We probably should. Wow your house is a mess."

"Is that supposed to offend me or something?"

"Are you sure you can sleep here?"

"I am a detective and I have a gun."

"You left your gun at the warehouse."

"Oh ye-- what?!" You searched your bag and it wasn't in there. "Yah! We need to go back!"

"Forget it. The license on it is fake. I'll give you a new one."

"Bu-- wait! So, starting tomorrow, I'll be unemployed?"

"You practically are now."

"Yah!" You shouted as he walked to the door.

"You're still the same, Jungkook."