Chapter 7

"Alex, please stop thinking about it, it's getting a bit annoying now." Andi twirled a lock of her hair as she wrote down today's lesson. "Well, I can't stop thinking about it. Should I ask him if he likes me or wait until he pours his heart out." I just couldn't stop thinking about Trent. A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. "Come in, come in." The teacher said lazily.

The door opened and two boys about my age walked in. One had dark brown hair with hazel eyes, the other had brown eyes and light brown hair. The teacher finally looked up from what she was doing and sighed. "Class, we have two new students today. The one with the dark brown hair is Tyrel Jackson, the one with the lighter brown hair is Darien Blue." She said with a bored drawl in her voice. "Treat 'em nice or whatever." She sat back down and continued playing Sudoku.

They both walked over to the table closest to us and sat down with James and his little love sick goons. "Man, Tyrel and Darien shouldn't have sat there. Now James will start reeling 'em in with his fake friendliness. Then, they'll become his bodyguards or whatever." I muttered to Andi. But, Andi wasn't listening because she was too busy staring directly at Darien.

"Andi! Were you even listening?!" I whispered sharply. "Oh, huh? Uh...yeah! I was totally listening." She stuttered, her cheeks were tinted red. "Then, what did I say?"

"Uh.....blah, blah, blah.....DARIEN!" She sighed. I smirked, Andi likes Darien! Wow! She finally likes a guy. "You know, I could help you." I told her. She snapped out of the trance. "Huh?! Help me with what?" She asked, completely confused. "I could help you get Darien." I replied, still smirking. Andi's eyes widened to the size of saucers. "I....d-don't like Darien!" She whispered. Her face was as red as a cherry.

 I put my hands together and stared off into space in a dreamy sort of way. "Oh, Darien. I love you so much. Please be my boyfriend!" I said quietly so only Andi and I could hear. Andi scoffed and folded her arms. "You're just being ridiculous. Why would I just fall in love with a person I don't even know!" She's in denial. Andi loves Darien and she knows it. Love is such a strange and wonderful thing.

וווווווווווווווווווו

I caught Andi staring at Darien again while we were in the cafeteria. He and Tyrel just walked in with about a hundred girls swarming around them. "Wow. Tyrell and Darien are getting popular really fast." Trent said as he sat down at our table. My heart skipped a beat. Andi looked over to me and smirked. I knew what she was thinking.

"Er...Trent. May I ask you something?" My throat suddenly felt like sandpaper. "Sure, what's up?" He asked. God, he looks like a god with those twinkling eyes and glowing skin. Snap out of it, Alexandra! "I...well...er..." I looked over to Andi. Her smirk grew and she got up. "I'll just give you two some space." Then, she just walked out of the cafeteria. It was just me and Trent now, my hands wee starting to clam up.

"Isittruethatyoureallylikeme?" I said really fast. Trent looked confused. "Come again?"

I took a deep breath and went slower this time. "Is it true that you really like me?" Trent was surprised. Then slowly, a small blush tinted his cheeks as well. What is up with people and blushing today? "How'd you find out?" He asked. Aww! he looks so cute when he's like that! Ugh, damn it! "Maddie told me. How did she know? I guess it was pretty obvious, but I was too stupid to see it, huh?"

Trent shrugged. His face was even redder than Andi's. I reached over to touch his hand. "I'm sorry Trent, but I'll have to think this through. No hard feelings?" I smiled reassuringly at him.

Trent hesitated for a bit, but then smiled back. "No hard feelings." He replied. I nodded and began to walk out of the cafeteria to search for Andi.

•Trent•

Jesus Christ I acted like an idiot out there! Maybe that's why she said that she was gonna think about it! I'm such a fool.

Sulking, I made my way out of the cafeteria, but accidentally bumped into someone due to thinking of another someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't watch where I was going." I turning to face the person whom I bumped into, I met the hazel eyes of Tyrel Jackson. "No, no. It was my fault." I said, I tried to walk past him, but he held me there.

"Hey, haven't I seen you before?" He asked. I shrugged. I've never seen this guy before in my life so where could he have possibly seen me? "I'm sorry, dude but I think you've gotten the wrong person." Then, I just walked past him and headed out of the cafeteria. Well, that happened. I thought as I walked towards my locker.

The hallways were empty and I was possibly the only person there. As I began to take my books out, an earsplitting scream filled the hallway. Instantly, I dropped my things and ran towards the sound. I knew who that scream belonged to and I was going to beat the crap out of the person who was messing with her.

I finally made it to the source of the sound and found Alex being harshly caressed by a guy I didn't know. I didn't even care to know who he was as I ran towards the guy. I punched him across the face and helped Alex stay calm as he was struggling to get up. "Trent...y-you came to save me." Alex hiccuped as she held onto me tightly.

That would have been much better if we weren't in this kind of situation. "Alex, get out of here before he gets up again. I don't want you getting hurt even more." Alex nodded and ran down the corridor and out of sight. I'll teach you a lesson for hurting my Alex! When he regained consciousness, I made sure that my fist made contact with his face...hard.