Chapter 2

Am I really weird? Why do people hate me so much? I wish people would just open up to me just like that twelve year old transgender girl named Jazz. They just can't understand that I'm a person with feelings, too. In a perfect world, EVERYONE would accept me for who I am.

I thought about what my dad said. It was very hurtful that he didn't accept me and out of everyone in the world......it was him. I walked to the neighborhood park and just sat on the bench, watching everyone else play happily. Not worrying about acceptance or unique abilities and stuff like that. I just sat there for at least two hours until the sun began to set.

As I stood up, I saw a dark figure make its way across the playground and towards me. "Oh, there you are! I've been looking all over for you!" I looked closely at the dark figure and found out that it was my mom. She looked very worried as she ran up to me. "Alex, I'm so sorry that you had to see that. Your father just needs to accept that this is who you are now." I shook my head and hugged my mom tightly.

"No, they'll never except me. Nobody. Not now or ever will they except me for me. Never. They'll just call me a freak. Nobody will ever feel how I'm feeling right now."My mom just stared at me and began to cry, too."Honey, please don't say that. Everyone will eventually accept you. One day." Soon I began to sob very loudly and I just couldn't stop the tears. People would never accept me as a human being, that's just a part of life I guess. Mom and I walked home together, hand in hand and just didn't say anything to each other after that.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

My brothers were in the living room, playing video games and joking around. "Hey boys, can Alex play that, too?" They both turned around and just stared at me for what seemed like forever, but they finally said yes.

My brothers' names are Deuce and Derek. They haven't been speaking to me that much ever since the transition. I guess they would rather have a normal sibling instead of me. I walked over to the couch and sat next to Derek, but he scooted away from me slightly and cautiously handed me a controller. I took it politely and waited for Deuce to set the game to multiplayer.

The game we were playing was Call of Duty: Ghosts. "I guess we have to take it easy, Derek. There's a GIRL playing, too." It was very annoying that they had to put emphasis on the word 'girl'. I can't believe that they are underestimating me, still! "Deuce, I don't think we should be playing this with Alex around. I bet she wouldn't even win twelve times in a row!" Derek smirked and started up the game.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

"I can't believe she beat us twelve times in a row," Derek exclaimed as Deuce yelled in agony. I smirked as I watched them sulk in defeat to a girl. I told you not to underestimate me! How 'bout that bitches! Deuce and Derek didn't believe that I won the game fairly, so we played about fifteen more games. But just last time, I won every single game. They were furious by the time I won the sixteenth game. "You're cheating! You dirty rotten freak, you can't cheat." I glared at them menacingly. "I...am...not...a...freak!" I tried keeping my temper in so badly that it hurt.

Deuce and Derek smirked mischievously. "Fine then, little girl. If you are a so called 'girl', why do you have a thing?" Deuce asked. I glanced down nervously and sighed. Maybe they're right, maybe I am a freak. I mean, who the hell has the body of a boy and the mind of a girl? I am a freak, a total freak.

I sighed loudly as I walked up the stairs while my idiotic brothers laughed hysterically. Why was I even born in the first place? Why was I born like this if people were just going to ridicule me 24/7? I sat at my computer and played "Royals" by Lorde, even though I hated that song. Everybody hates me. Everybody hates me. Everybody fucking hates me!!!!!

Mom's POV

I sat on the side of the bed and looked through a scrapbook full of pictures of my children. Then, I stopped at a picture of Alex before we found out that she had GID. It all started nine years ago.

A six year old Alex was running around the house, wearing high heels. "Mama look at me! Don't I look pretty?" I turned around and smiled. "Alex, boys don't wear high heels. Girls do." Alex glared at me while crossing his arms. "I AM a girl mom. I am!"

I smiled and sighed loudly. I remember it like it was just yesterday. Then, I remembered something really sad. It happened last year when I took Alex to go get her hormone blockers. What she saïd made me want to burst into tears.

"Alex, are you sure you want to do this? I mean, we could always do this later." Alex shook her head, her curls bouncing in all directions. "Mom, I want to do this, this is who I want to be." Alex said seriously. Then, she said something that made me want to burst into tears. Alex said, "Mom, if I change. Will you and everybody else still love me? Will you?" Tears started to blur my vision, but I wiped them away. "Of course sweetie, I will always love you. Even if other people won't accept you, I will always love you."

I wiped a tear from my face and took out another picture. It was taken a month ago. Alex looks so happy in this picture. Then, I frowned when I saw everyone else. The boys and Brad were keeping their distance from Alex, but Brittany was hugging Alex with true love. "That's my girls." I whispered softly as another tear slowly rolled down my cheek. "Mom, what are you doing?" I looked up and Alex was at the door. She saw what was in my hands and slowly walked in and sat next to me.

"You know that I'll always love you, right?" I asked Alex while gently stroking her hair. "She smiled and looked up at me. "Of course mom, you tell me that everyday." Then she put her head on my shoulder. We both stayed there, not moving. Even though we didn't say anything else, I knew that Alex was happy and so was I.