Chapter 9

I got to school very early this morning because I was way too excited to even sleep much longer. I'm sure everyone has that feeling at least once in their lives. I got a text from Andi telling me that I didn't need to pick her up and that I could just come to the school. I pulled up to the school and parked closest to the front door. Since it was close to six-thirty in the morning, the parking lot was barely full.

Before I could even step out of the car, I spotted Andi jogging towards me, her hair in a messy ponytail and a cup of coffee in each hand. "Sleep well?" She asked, handing me a cup. "Barely." I thanked her and took a sip. I could feel the warm liquid waking me up already.

"Me neither," Andi said, she tapped on the lid of the cup, but didn't drink it. "Alex, I need to ask you something," Andi said, her voice showed no emotion, but her face told a different story.

"What's up?" I asked, moving to the back of the car. I took my keys and unlocked the trunk. Inside were boxes full of flyers for our club. "Well," Andi started, she began to mess with her charm bracelet. "Don't you think that this whole thing between you and Trent is going a bit too fast?" She asked, biting her lip.

I knew those moves all too well. Andi played with her bracelet whenever she was nervous or scared and she bit her lip whenever she regretted something.

"What do you mean?" I asked, slowly taking out the boxes and placing them on the ground. "I mean," Andi walked around to the back of the car and picked up a box. "Have you really thought about what you're getting into. I don't think you should instantly make him your boyfriend after he just came to this school."

I paused, a box still clutched tightly in my hands. "Yes, I have thought about it," I started. I could feel unnecessary anger boiling up inside of me. "Why would you ever think that I have never even had a moment to think about this? I've always been thinking about my relationship with him and to have you of all people questioning me about it, it's just...just..." Before I could finish, a white Honda Civic pulled up and parked right next to my car.

The door opened and out stepped the last person I wanted to see right now, James. "Well, well, well," He said, a smirk forming on his pale face. "If it isn't tomboy and hermaphrodite. What are you two doing out here so early in the morning?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I growled back. "Why the hell would you be out here this early, at a school no less." James chuckled, a soft and silky sound that was as fake as his hair. "That's my business," He replied. "Plus, why the cold attitude? I thought we were friends."

"Please, after what you did to her!" Andi snapped. "You ain't even worth the dirty gym socks in the boys locker room." James glared at her and took a step forward, both of his fists were balled up. "Stay out of this, Davis! Or I'll-"

"Or you'll what?" A voice spoke over all of the commotion. We all turned to see Trent coming from around the corner. Was he there the whole time? If he was, he could've at least helped us with the boxes.

James sneered and stepped back. "What do you want, new kid?" Trent smiled and stood in front of both me and Andi. "What do I want?" He laughed. "Oh, I think we both know the answer to that."

"Trent, what are you talking about?" I asked him. Trent turned to me and smiled. "Don't worry your pretty little head. Why don't you start taking the boxes in? I'll be there in a moment." I didn't say anything else. Throwing my coffee away, I picked up a box and motioned for Andi to do the same. We then walked into the school, leaving Trent and James alone in the parking lot.

"I wonder what Trent meant by that." I said, thinking out loud. Andi grumbled something under her breath as she trudged to keep up while holding her unusually large box. I continued to walk, ignoring Andi's quiet comments. As we both walked towards Room 210, I couldn't help but think about what Andi was saying earlier. How was I going to fast? Why did she say that I don't think about my relationship with him even though I clearly do?