Chapter 6

"Alex! Can you hear me? Alex?!" Brittany? What is she doing in my class? Ugh, my head hurts. "Alex, honey? Are you okay?" That voice belongs to mom. Wait, why is she here? Fuck! Fuck Maddie for pushing me! Fuck dad for not understanding me and fuck Derek and Deuce for wearing the same pants to school for a week one time! 

Brittany and Mom were right in my face when I opened my eyes. I could tell they were worried because Mom looked stressed and Brittany's cheeks were stained with tears. Deuce, Derek, and Dad were nowhere to be found, but I wasn't surprised.

"Oh, thank goodness! You're okay!" Mom gave me a big squeeze. "I thought you were dead!" Brittany added, also giving me a hug. "I'm fine. My head just hurts like crazy." I sat up and straightened my hair. "So tell me exactly what happened. In detail!" Brittany said sternly and Mom scooted closer to hear.

"Well, I was about to play trust with Trent and Maddie. But, then Maddie just started to bitch on me when Trent turned his back. So, when I was about to fall into Trent's arms, Maddie pushed Trent out of the way and let me fall and hit my head."

"That jackass! If I was there, I would have given her one blow to the mouth. I would just mess her face up! Her mama wouldn't even be able to recognize her!" Brittany cracked her knuckles and did a few practice punches. "Brittany, honey, you really don't need to do that!" Mom insisted. "We'll just have a little talk with Ms. Parker and everything will be fine!" Brittany snorted and I rolled my eyes. "Mom, I don't even know why your friends with her mom even though we're enemies." I told her.

 "We don't have to be enemies if you guys are. I find nothing wrong with Ms. Parker." Mom said with finality. "Mom, you're not helping here! Alex, I'll beat her up for ya! It'll be real quick." Brittany said while cracking her knuckles. "Arthritis." I reminded her. Brittany stopped quickly while mumbling a quick 'Sorry'. I jumped up quickly. "I can't take this anymore! I'll just have to beat her down myself." I began walking to the door.

"Alexandra Johnson! You will not do any harm to that girl! Do you understand me!" Mom said. "Yes, I understand." I said as I walked back to the bed. "Good, now put your shoes on. We're going to Ms. Parker's house."

"What! Why?!" Brittany and I yelled at the same time. She is taking this way too far! "We're going to settle this once and for all."

•×•×•×•×•×•×••×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×

My stomach was in knots as we walked up the steps to Maddie's house. Her house is so large! Mom knocked on the door. We waited for a few minutes until Maddie opened the door. She took one look at me and yelled into the house. "Mom! The scum are here!" She turned back to me and glared. Brittany gave her the finger.

"Brittany! It's not good to use such hand language!" Mom scolded. Brittany rolled her eyes. Ms. Parker finally came down the stairs. She had shiny blonde hair that went down to her shoulders. She was wearing a lime green dress and matching shoes. Even her earrings matched. Does she always dress like she's about to walk down a runway?

"Oh, you must be Alexandra!" She chirped. She had a really annoying girly voice that did not match her face. We shook hands and she led us into her living room. Her whole living room was pink and it smelled strongly of strawberries. "I think I might throw up." I heard Brittany mutter to herself. Well, I was feeling a bit light-headed myself from the strong perfume.

We sat on the bright bubblegum pink furniture which was surprisingly comfortable. "Now, let's cut to the chase, shall we?" She turned to Maddie. "I don't get why you hate Lexi so much."

Maddie crossed her arms and made a 'Are you kidding me?!' face. "Duh! He's a tranny! He likes other guys! He wears dresses! That's not normal!" Maddie yelled. "Watch your mouth, dick eater!" Brittany retorted, she glared at Maddie like she just shot mom in the head with a shotgun. Maddie made her rabid dog growl and bared her teeth.

"Now, now both of you calm down. There is no reason to act this way. We're only trying to solve a problem." Ms. Parker said. They both looked away from each other. "Lexi, dear. How do you cope with my daughter's foolishness? It must take a lot of work, right?"

"Well, it actually does. I mean with coping with everyone else's also, even my own brothers'." Ms. Parker gasped dramatically, which was pretty ridiculous, actually. "Your brothers treat you that way, also? Good heavens! That must be horrible!" I smiled pleasantly while my mom was rocking back and forth in her seat and glaring at Brittany, who was glaring at Maddie... who was glaring at me.

"Is there anyone else that treats you this way? You know, other than the whole school?" It didn't take me long to think of someone. "My dad does, but he tries hard not to show it. For example, my dad and my brothers talk a lot about...you know, boy stuff."

Ms. Parker nodded, listening intently. "So, one day I asked them about what they were talking about and they just said that it was manly stuff and just sent me away to go hang out with Brittany. Not...not that it's a bad thing, I mean I do love hanging out with you Brittany, It's just that I hate it when they just underestimate me and stuff like that.

"They always act like I'm too girly and stuff to understand man talk! It's really getting annoying. I mean, right now they're out at a hotel or something spending some kind of quality time together and they didn't even ask me if I wanted to come."

Ms. Parker thought for a moment. "I know what's going on, your father misses that son he had once and he wanted someone to play basketball with and do all different kinds of stuff with back when your brother were still young." I guess that could be true.

"Anyway, Maddie you should be at least cutting Alex some slack. She's putting up with all of this and you treat her the same as everyone else. She only has like...one friend." Mom told Maddie who scoffed. "Actually, I have two now. His name is Trent, I told you about him, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about him. I'm just so used to Andi." Ms. Parker straightened up. "Oh, a boy as a friend? No offense, Lexi but I thought boys would be especially evil to you because...you know, a boy wanting to become a girl would probably hit them very hard."

"None taken. I was actually surprised that Trent didn't care that I am who I am, he has always been kind to me ever since we met. I mean, whenever he sees me, he'll smile and treat me like a real lady."

Mom, Ms. Parker and Brittany smiled. "Why are you guys looking at me like that? What did I say?" Their smiles were creeping me out a bit. Maddie sighed loudly and yelled. "HE LIKES YOU!!!! DUH! YOU SHOULD'VE KNOWN THAT ALREADY!!!!!!" I stared at her like she was crazy.

How could he be thinking of me when there were tons of girls drooling over him. He was the second most good looking person in the school...next to Jason.

"How can he like me of all people? Remember, I'm the school freak." Maddie snorted and stood up. "Well I think this is enough for today. I can't stand another second looking at this walking abomination." She turned and sashayed out of the living room. "Maddie's right, well not with the whole abomination thing, but it is getting quite late. We shall pick this back up soon."

Ms. Parker shook hands with all of us and led us out. "Thank you for this time, Ms. Parker."

"Oh, no problem! I loved this time we shared with Little Lexi here!" She giggled. As we drove home, I couldn't stop thinking about Trent and his crush on me. When did he start liking me? Or has he liked me from the start?