Chapter One - Adrian Xantoni

"Adrian?" My voice shakes at the sight of my ex boyfriend standing before me.

Your almost ex fiancée, my subconscious corrects me.

"Hey, Renie." Adrian says, stuffing both of his hands into his jeans pockets.

Adrian Xantoni is probably one of the most beautiful men I've ever met. He was tall, really tall. Six foot four, if I remember correctly. His face looked as though you'd see it in the glossy pages of a Versace ad. His eyes were a rare crystalline blue and stood out against his dark brown hair. The last time I'd seen him, which was almost a year and a half ago, his hair was tapered really short. Now his dark curls had fallen into a thick halo to his chin. He even sported a goatee that made him look even more mature. He wore an emerald green button up shirt, with a taupe blazer, dark jeans and black Boots. His style had somehow gone from snarky quote T-shirts/baggy jeans clad to Johnny Depp chic.

"What're...what're you doing here?" I stutter, and bite the inside of my cheek to find an anchor to the panic that's building up within me.

"I was actually in town to see my parents. I had went to that old coffee shop on fifth and it made me think...anyway, I was in town and thought I'd come say to Larsa...and you, of course." He chews on his lower lip and avoids looking me directly in the eye.

"Oh. Well, Larsa isn't home. She flew to Chicago for the holiday to visit her mom." I inform him.

"Ah, cool." He nods.

Sebastian Clears his throat loudly beside me and Adrian and I both look at him. For a moment Adrian and Sebastian make eye contact and it's uncomfortable to watch. Like two lions preparing for a duel. I have to say something. Anything.

"Um, Sebastian this is Adrian Xantoni. Adrian this is Sebastian Darkbloom, my boyfriend." I make sure to let the word boyfriend linger in the air for a moment.

Adrian's whole body visibly turns rigid as stone at the word 'boyfriend' and Sebastian's eyes oddly turn darker at Adrian's physical response. Sebastian then looks down at me and gives a slight grin.

"Do you mind if we talk for a moment?" Adrian's eyes move back to me.

I frown for a moment. What did he want to talk to me about? I haven't had a conversation with him in almost two years.

"Adrian, I don't think..." I look up at Sebastian for a brief moment to see his head angled at me, but his eyes slit to Adrian.

"It'll be quick." Adrian presses on.

"Um...okay. Quick though. We were in the middle of

"Fucking." Sebastian says and both Adrian and I's jaws drop.

"Sebastian." I gasp.

"Only kidding. Andre can take a joke, can't he?" He gives a taunting grin at me, not bothering to acknowledge Adrian.

"Adrian." Adrian corrects Sebastian.

"Okay, let's go for a walk. Let me just grab my coat." I cut in before fighting words are exchanged and fist are soon followed.

Adrian releases his glare from Sebastian and gives me a swift nod. I close the door and turn to the coat rack to my left to grab my coat. My mid-reach, Sebastian snatches hold of my coat and storms to my bedroom.

"Sebastian." I call after him, though he ignores me.

I exhale and stride to my bedroom. When I enter he's sitting on the edge of my bed, with my winter coat in his lap.

"Can I please have my coat?" I ask quietly.

"No." He grunts.