Pain & Gut

Elena's P.O.V.

The fog was all clear by the next morning. Charlotte didn't have anymore nightmares during the night. I woke up with my head still on Bellamy's shoulder, our hands still together. I woke him and Charlotte up, and we got ready to leave. Bellamy led us out of the cave, with his arm holding me back to make sure it was clear to go. I walked out and looked everywhere for Atom or the others.

"ATOM!" I yelled into the wilderness.

"Over here!" Someone shouted, but it wasn't Atom.

We took off towards the person's voice. We ran until we saw three of Bellamy's men walk over to us.

"Where did you guys go?" He asked them.

"We found a cave down there. What the hell was that?" Jones asked us.

"We don't know. Have you guys seen Atom?" I asked him.

He shook his head and I sucked in a breath. Atom wasn't with them either. I put my hand on my head and let out a worried sigh. I felt someone's hand go on my back.

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere." Charlotte assured me.

I smiled at her and took her hand.

"Well, let's head back to camp. Maybe he's there already." Bellamy said.

We started walking back towards camp. Charlotte let go of my hand and started to walk ahead. I kept looking in every direction for Atom. Bellamy slowed down and walked towards my side.

"So, why all the sudden concern for Atom?" He asked me.

"Aren't you worried?" I asked.

"Well, Atom's not dumb. I'm sure he's fine. You like him or something?" He asked me, with a smirk growing on his face.

I playfully slapped his arm.

"Hell no. We've been friends for a long time. He was my neighbor on the Ark before.... you know." I said.

He nodded his head and let out a sigh. We continued onward into the wilderness, as we headed back to camp and looked for Atom. That's when we heard a scream. Charlotte's scream.

We took off in the direction we heard her and we found her. I looked in front of her and gasped. I held my hand to my face and tears started to form in my eyes. It was Atom, who had blisters all over his body. It's like his whole body was exactly like my hand, except much worse. The worst part about seeing him was that he was suffering and dying.

Bellamy ran behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and looked back at Atom.

"Son of a bitch." Bellamy murmured.

He ran over to Atom and knelt down beside him. I ran over and sat on the ground beside Atom. He looked up at Bellamy and started making painful sounds. I felt wet tears starting to fall on my face. I wiped my eyes as Atom started to barely speak to us.

"Kill me."

I heard the others run up behind us. Charlotte walked over to Bellamy and handed him her knife.

"Don't be afraid." She said to him.

"Go back to camp." He said to the others.

They all walked away, but Charlotte and I stayed in our spots. I couldn't take my eyes off of Atom. I grabbed his hand lightly and I saw him wince a little. I still felt water falling on my face.

"Elena."

I looked up to find Bellamy giving me a gentle look. That's the first time he's called me by my actual name. I looked around and saw Charlotte was gone as well.