Jungkook was honestly at a loss for words. Generations of Hemelian scientists and researchers had made it their life's purpose to figure out how to escape death or even avoid it completely. Yet here in front of him was Jin, a man who had done it because he could. It made him realize how powerful the gems and wonders really were.

Feeling a presence from next to him that definitely didn't belong to Jin and Hoseok, Jungkook glanced around. Through the corner of his eye, he saw Kiana sitting next to him, her knees bent as she sat with folded legs.

Jungkook observed his friends' expressions and realized that they couldn't see Kiana. The Hemelian noticed something strange in her expression. It looked like her eyes were trying to relay some kind of message but all he saw was her solemn yet sorrowful smile.

Gulping, Jungkook felt like Kiana's expression would be branded in his mind for the rest of his life.

"Correction; I pulled your soul back into your body and then healed you," Jin raised a finger, his blue eyes flicking towards Jungkook's stunned face. "Didn't know it was possible but apparently, it is— and it hurt. A lot."

"Thank you," Jungkook breathed out. Looking down at his hand, he could still feel Kiana's fingers laced with his. It made him wonder if he truly was thankful. "Really—"

Jungkook paused when he caught sight of Jin's water gem, which was swirling with a faint purple color. The angel's mouth hung open upon realizing why the blonde looked so tired. Then, he remembered Taehyung's broken cries. Where was he?

"Nope, no thanking. It had to be done," Jin grunted as he stood up and wobbled to his feet with the help of a wary Hoseok. "You're the only one who can bring Taehyung back."

Jungkook blinked slowly and tilted his head at Jin and Hoseok, who seemed to be struggling with balancing one another. Still, the water gem bearer's words filled him dread. The angel opened his mouth and felt his heart hammering against his ribcage.

"Bring Taehyung back?," Jungkook's words were heavy. Although he had an idea of what that meant, he didn't want to believe it. "What do you mean?"

Instead of replying, Jin and Hoseok glanced at each other. The two soon started arguing in who would tell Jungkook what exactly had happened to Taehyung. Not really having the patience, the angel decided to go through their thoughts instead. But before he could, there was a voice.

"He's gone berserk."

Jungkook, confused by the third voice, turned around and was stunned to see Yoongi, who was lying on a pile of rubble. The fire gem bearer groaned as he stood up and sneezed loudly due to the dust coating him. Holly whimpered as it flew overhead.

"Gone berserk?," Jungkook stuttered a bit. Jin and Hoseok were both avoiding eye contact with him. "What do you mean?"

Yoongi stood up. Holly flew right into his arms and curled its body. Glancing at the other two bearers who obviously were unwilling to break the news to Jungkook, he continued.

"The darkness gem," Yoongi paused a bit. He glanced down at his fire gem, which was flickering purple. "It corrupted him."

A silence. Jungkook took a few painstaking moments to register what he just heard. He went through Yoongi's thoughts in hopes of the fire gem bearer merely cracking a terrible joke. However, it all matched. He was telling the truth.

"Tae... he'd never let the gem consume him," Jungkook's soft sobs halted Jin and Hoseok's bickering. He felt his wings tremble, his feathers shaking as they did so. "But, he... why—"