Chapter fifteen

Day 22 without Andy
Mikey's P.O.V

Rye didn't come back until late yesterday, I didn't try to speak to him when he did come back we were both too upset to even talk. Andy was my best friend, and having to identify his body today makes me feel sick.

I told Brook and Jack last night they were in bits, I walked in later to find them both cuddling each other asleep.

"Hey Mike," Rye walks into the living room,
"Hi," there is an awkwardness there that was never there when Andy was here. "Uh Rye..." I stutter "I'm leaving in half an hour to identify A... him... will you come with me?" He nods slowly before leaving to get dressed.

I still don't know what to tell the fans, they've noticed we've not been active but they don't know why. They deserve to know but I don't know how to tell them.

-two hours later-

Rye's P.O.V

"Come on through," a woman guides up into another room. "You can choose to identify him by a photograph or in person."
"In person," I say without hesitation, I want to see him one last time.
"Follow me," the lady guides me to the door. I turn to see Mikey, tears running from his eyes.

"I... I can't do this," he whimpers,
"You stay here," I tell him and hug him before following the woman.

I walk into the next room behind the lady. My legs trembling. The sheet is pulled back to reveal a pair of bright blue eyes still open. But not the eyes I remember. Not Andy's eyes.

Mikey's P.O.V

I sit in the room, trying to calm my breathing and the tears that haven't stopped falling. They have been gone for about ten minutes when the door swings open.

Rye comes in crying his eyes out, he runs to me and hugs me tight. "It's not him Mike," he says in my ear.
"What?" I pull out of the hug in shock,
"It wasn't Andy. He might still be alive." He smiles gently. "Might..." his smile disappears.

Helloooo
It wasn't Andy!!!
Here you go another chapter!!
I'll update when I can got a busy week though x
@tvrtnhc