Chapter four

Jack's P.O.V

We are all sat in the living room, complete silence, not awkward just uncomfortable.
Mikey picks up the phone hesitantly, "Rye are you sure you're ready to do this?" He asks before dialling 999. Rye just nods not speaking.

"Hello, um can we have to police please?" Mikey asks calmly, "I'd like to report someone missing... um ok yes... yes he's called Andy Fowler."

I see Rye stand up quickly and running into his own room. I look at the Brook and Mikey before whispering that I'll go to see if he's ok, they just nod and try and listen to the police officer on the other end of the phone.

"Rye?" I knock gently on his door before trying to open it. Great, it's locked. "Rye please let me in," he doesn't reply I listen carefully to hear the sound of muffled sobs. "Please..."

The door open and I see Rye's tear stained face, I close the door behind me before just holding him into me.

"I... I'm sorry for been so pathetic..." he tries to laugh through his sadness,
"You aren't pathetic Ryan, you just love Andy, we all do, but he'll be back the police will find him." I reassure him.
"He doesn't want to be found," he pushes Andy's letter into my hands and I read it before turning back to face him.

"He does want to be found, trust me, he's just not in a good place right now,"
"What do you mean Jack? Do you know something?!"
"I um..." I stutter on my words "I know he was," I lower my words to a whisper "self-harming."
"WHAT!?" Rye breaks down in front of me trying to hide his face that's red from crying and frustration. "YOU NEVER TOLD ME! YOU COULD'VE SAVED HIM! HE COULD'VE KILLED HIMSE..." he sobs venting all his anger out at me.
"He made me promise not to tell you Rye! I tried to stop him! I tried to save him, I did!" I whimper.
"GET OUT JACK! GET OUT!" He pushes me out of his room, his tears pouring out of his eyes as he chokes on his sobs. He slams the door behind me.

I've never, ever seen Rye like this before, he's broken, actually broken. I'm filled with guilt, maybe Rye was right I could've saved Andy I could've stopped him leaving. If anything happens to him, it's all my fault.

I walk back into the room "The police are coming round to interview us all tomorrow and they're gonna search the area," Mikey tells me. I nod quietly, before sitting next to Brook.

"I don't think Rye will be ready to be interviewed, not by tomorrow." I tell them "Not ever..."

Hellooo
Sorry this chapter got real deep and stuff but anyway hope you "enjoyed" it I'll update you again asap so yeaaaa xx
@tvrtnhc