Chapter 4 - Overthinking

Harry's POV

"Oh my god, you look horrible! Who did this to you?" Liam exclaimed when he saw me at school the next day.

"Zayn and some other football players." I mumbled.

"Did Louis hurt you?" Liam asked, anger bubbling up inside him.

"Not exactly, he pretty much did the opposite." I explained. "He came back to help me and brought me to the nurse. He even drove me home."

"Are you sure we're taking about the same 'Louis' because that sounds nothing like him."

I nodded. "He told me he's not the "stereotypical jock" and that he doesn't want to hurt me like they did."

Liam shrugged. "I guess Louis was always better at hurting people mentally than physically."

I think that Liam would think more of Louis if he hadn't hurt him. That's where his comment came from. I also think that somewhere in there Louis is still the guy he was when Liam and him were best friends. His actions from yesterday proved it.

* * *

It was football practice time again, but I made sure I was out to the field before Zayn and his buddies got out there. As long as the coach was around they couldn't try and beat me up. My stomach was still very sore from yesterday.

"What happened to you, Styles?" the coach asked as I sat down on the bench. He was making plays for practice on his clipboard.

I just shrugged, I knew I couldn't rat Zayn out or he'd probably try to kill me with his fist.

"You know, I got beat up in high school once or twice. I know what it looks like."

"I'm alright," I assured him.

"If you say so." he said.

The football players came out one by one. When Zayn came out I tried not to look at him. I didn't want him to notice me or talk to me.

Louis was one of the last ones out. They started practice by running laps around the field and doing some warm ups. When they were done they split up into two teams and started practicing for the game that was coming up.

I laid out water bottles on the bench like I did every other time. I had a bin for their towels too. I also washed their jerseys every other time, since they switched back and forth between two jerseys.

I mainly just watched the practice, which I didn't mind since I liked football a lot.

Louis looked around to throw the ball to one of the running backs, throwing it just in time before he was tackled. Number 85, the one he threw it to, caught it and ran to the touch down zone before anyone could catch him.

I clapped quietly for them, since I was the only one watching besides the coach. I wanted Louis' team to win, since Zayn was captain of the other team.

They took a break, after Louis' team scored two more touchdowns, and Zayn's scoring one. The score was 21-7.

A few of the guys came over and grabbed some water. Louis came over to me and grabbed a towel.

"Are you okay?" Louis asked, panting from running around.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered.

"Your eye looks like shit," Louis said bluntly. He touched it lightly with his hand. "Sorry, it's just bruised pretty bad. Are you in pain?"

"I'm taking medicine." I explained.

"I'm sorry they beat you up. It was my fault."

"How was it your fault?" I questioned. What did he do to make Zayn want to beat me up?

"Zayn saw you staring at me and he got up to go ask you about it, then you tripped and spilled your tray all over him." Louis explained. "I begged him to leave it alone, but he didn't listen."

"Oh, well I wasn't staring, just thinking."

"Oh really?" Louis asked with a smirk. "Just thinking while you were looking at me?"

"Well yeah, I was just wondering how-" he probably doesn't want to hear about Liam. "Never mind."

"What was it?"

"How you and Liam were ever friends." I admitted.

Louis nodded. "I'm sure a lot of people have that same question." Louis said. "I don't know, we got along very well, but we just wanted different things in life."

Liam had told me the story, Louis wanted popularity and Liam wanted to get good grades.

"He still hates me doesn't he?" Louis asked.

I just nodded. "I think he hates what happened, not you as a person."

"He must have told you everything."

I nodded again. Liam and I were best friends, like him and Louis once were. Of course he told me about being friends with now one of the most popular guys in school.

"You must think I'm a huge jerk." Louis mumbled.

I shook my head. "I don't judge people on their past."

* * *

»Louis' POV«

'I don't judge people on their past....'

What Harry had said was going through my head all night. This boy was different. I imagined him to be a twin of Liam, like I once was, but he was nothing like that. It made me wonder how Liam had changed.

I wondered why I didn't want Harry to get hurt. I've helped Zayn beat people up before, which they had done something horrible to deserve it. But I felt protective, like I wanted Harry to be okay. I didn't understand it.

I chose to ignore it, putting my headphones in and escaping the real world for a while.

______________________

Kind of a filler... besides Louis thinking about Harry ;)

Thanks for reading, my twitter is @Harrys_Girl69 if you'd like to talk or you can just inbox me.

Vote - Comment - Follow

-Amanda Styles [8/6/14]