Prologue

The Popular Couple

Prologue

Louis' POV

I laughed as I entwined my fingers with Eleanor's. There were people surrounding us, but its not like we weren't used to it. We were popular. But it didn't start out this way.

*2 years ago*

I sat at the lunch table with my best friend Liam and a few of our drama club friends. I pushed my glasses up my nose as I ate my apple.

"Lou, you got plans tonight?" Liam questioned as he ate his own lunch.

"Yeah-for once." I said, happily. It was Friday and a guy on the football team, named Zayn, invited me to a party. He invited me, Louis Tomlinson, to a party and that never happens. I was stoked.

"Oh yeah," Liam said, remembering me telling him about the party. "Are you excited?"

I nodded. Neither of us had been to a real party before, and this was finally my chance to experience it.

"I wish I could go." Liam muttered.

I know, you're thinking 'You two are best friends! Why aren't you taking him?' but I have a valid reason. Zayn invited me and he didn't say anything about bringing anybody. I wanted a chance to have the full experience without having to keep an eye on Liam. Plus I wanted him to experience it on his own as well.

"Next time I'll bring you, Liam. I promise." I said with a smile.

His eyes lit up in hope as we got up to dump our trays.

After school ended I went home to pick out my outfit. I didn't have my license since I'm a freshman, so Zayn is going to pick me up. I wanted to make sure I didn't look like some dork.

I found some black skinny jeans, that were very tight I might add, and a loose white and blue shirt that showed off my arms. I didn't work out much, but it was a start.

I hated the glasses I wore, I looked so much better without them. Liam always said they made my eyes stand out, but I didn't believe him.

Zayn texted me at 7:30 saying he'd be here at 8. Lucky me, my parents weren't home tonight. Liam was supposed to come over because they didn't trust me alone, but I was leaving anyways.

They would never let me stay out past 9.

Zayn honked when he arrived at my house. I quickly stuffed my phone in my pocket, and went out to his car, getting in the front seat.

"Hey," I greeted Zayn as I buckled myself in.

He nodded his head at me and drove off. It took about 20 minutes to get to the party. I could tell this was the house because every light in the house was on and the streets were lined with cars. I gulped. This was going to be the most important night of my life. (Trust me it was.)

Zayn and I got out of his car, and he lead the way to the door, not even bothering to knock. He just walked in, grabbing a cup on the table as he walked by. I followed his motions, following him through the house.

"Malik's here!" a blonde guy shouted, smiling at him. Zayn and him exchanged a fist bump. "Who's this?" the blonde asked, looking at me.

"Louis." I answered quickly.

"I'm Niall," he said, "Horan." he added telling me his whole name.

"Listen here, Niall." Zayn began. "Louis here has never been to a party."

"Never?" Niall questioned, looking from me to Zayn. I shook my head. "Well lets teach this kid how to party."

Zayn, Niall, and I had gone through 3 shot glasses each and I was feeling drunk already. I knew partying meant alcohol, but I never saw myself as someone who drank.

"See that girl over there?" Zayn pointed at a tall girl with long brown hair. I nodded. "I dare you to go make out with her."

My eyes widened but I didn't say anything. These guys liked me, and its not not like making out with her would be a bad thing. It would be an advantage for me. Yeah, an advantage. I convinced myself that and walked over to her.

I wrapped one arm around her waist, and tipped her chin down so her lips met mine. She didn't pull away like I expected her too. Actually, she deepened the kiss before I had a chance to. We were kissing sloppily, when she pulled away for a breath.

"What's your name, Mr. I'm-Gonna-Kiss-This-Girl-Randomly?"

"Louis," I replied with a small laugh.

"Eleanor." she said.

*present day*

And that's how we met. If I didn't go to that party I would have never gotten out of my group of nerdy friends. I was tired of never being noticed, and Zayn got me noticed. I owe it all to him. I wouldn't have Eleanor, or my friends. I'd be stuck, like Liam still is.

________________________

Hope you like this so far! I really like the idea and where it's going :)
Ill probably tell you how Eleanor got popular in another chapter, or if I don't just think it somehow happened and doesn't matter but she's popular!

Thank you for reading. I'm excited for this story!!

Leave me your thoughts in a comment. don't forget to vote and follow ❤

-Amanda Styles [4/15/14]