Troublesome Woman

Start from the beginning

     The Uchiha grinned slightly,"Hey, Shikamaru-san, you want to do something? The game with this old man got me bored..."

     Shika's dad deadpanned at the words 'old man.'

     Her classmate rubbed the back of his head,"I would, but Kaa-san wants me to wash the dishes... What a drag..."

     A small giggle made way to her mouth,"I don't have any plans, so I'll help. I need other friends than Naruto so I think I'll start here."

     "... Troublesome woman... Follow me."

     While following him, something peaked her interest, his hair. So, with curiosity running the show, she tugged it slightly. 

     "What are you doing?" he asked with an annoyed tone.

     "Well, the spikes are very similar to your dad, so I wanted to see if they were real."

     He let out another sigh,"Women really are a pain."

     The girl slowly rubbed her chin,"Ehhh... I think that my twin is worse though. Ever since the massacre, he has gone more and more downhill. He's such a pain, even though he didn't witness what I have."

     They went silent at that. With another smile, the Uchiha playfully hit his shoulder,"Don't worry Shikamaru-san, it's not a very touchy subject for me. People die. It's normal. Any ninja should be on their toes, no matter what."

     Shikamaru looked like he was going to say something but just closed his mouth. With pitiful eyes, he examined her for any signs of lying. A look of confusion crossed his face when he saw that there were none.

     Her eyes though, reflected something more. It showed the kind of eyes he had seen when new ninjas arrived home. They were the kind that had seen a murder by their own hands.

     Hesitantly, he questioned "... Have you... Killed someone before?"

     A lingering silence came over again until a lopsided grin appeared on her face once more,"Nope, never had in my life."

     She skipped away cheerfully and the Nara only stared at her back. Liar...

     Shikaku was watching the whole exchange and took note of it. He did also notice as mischievous smirk that was sent at him after the chat between the two kids. 

     She knew that he heard.

-----*****-----

     Tsubaki was internally cursing herself while washing the dishes alongside Shikamaru. She knew she shouldn't have said anything. She knew that he was there, but still gave clues... It was like she wanted to get caught...

     A small yelp escaped her lips as a plate bumped into her elbow. "Oy, you said you would help."

     A sheepish smile was plastered onto her face and the Uchiha chuckled,"Gomen, gomen. I was thinking about what I should get Naruto for dinner."

     He almost dropped the glass he was wiping off,"You live with him?"

     Tsubaki nodded slowly,"Yeah, he let move in after the massacre, but I soon plan on refurbishing the Uchiha compound... Maybe even claim the title as head over my small clan. Then I'll move back in."

     A small light shone in her eyes at remembering the compound. Her 1st father. Izuna. Hashirama. She loved all of them like family. She knew it now. "I will carry on the First Hokage's will... Even if I die in the process."

     She bit her lip slightly. "Ah, Shikamaru-san, I was just rambling. I just admire that Senju a lot!"

     A quirky smile ended up on Shikamaru Nara's lips. "It's Shikamaru, Tsubaki-san. You can call me Shikamaru."

     "Then you can call me Tsubaki. Honorifics makes me feel old."

     A woman with long, dark hair in a ponytail walked in. She had fair skins and dark eyes and wore a pink blouse. Her expression turned from one of anger to one of... 

     Madara's female counterpart couldn't even explain what her face showed. It was too gleeful. Too devious. "Is this your girlfriend, Shikamaru?"

     The two sputtered and moved about five feet away from each other. "Umm... I'm sorry, but no. I was being interrogated by your husband because of direct orders from the Hokage. From there, I offered to help Shikamaru with the dishes. However, I was hoping to hang out with him afterward."

     A plotting smile appeared on her face. "Okay then, I'll leave you two to it!"

     When she left, she pulled in the Nara's face close and narrowed her eyes with a smirk,"You owe me~."

     "I knew you were troublesome."

     "I knew that too~."