My First True Love {Chapter 1}

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes slightly not letting her see me and walked outside my room heading downstairs to the garden.

I was shocked to see the garden decorated with pink balloons and a huge birthday cake with my name in it and the number ten right next to it. Everyone was talking and a few kids were having punch and some were running around like maniacs. But my gaze averted to a couple that was talking far away from the crowd, they looked weird, I could see a few women whispering and talking about them in hush voices and a few other staring at them.

They must be the new family that just moved here. I thought deciding whether or not to go up there and say 'hi' to them. I looked behind them and I saw a boy about my age playing with a car toy. He looked cute, black hair and big brown eyes, but what surprised me the most was that they were too pale. I mean this is Seattle, it rains a lot, but still people weren't that pale. I just stood there when all of the sudden the boy looked up and smiled at me, our eyes met for a minute, I felt butterflies in my stomach, he must have felt the same, because he turned around immediately, realizing that I was still staring at him, I turned around blushing.

I was about to turn around when I heard someone said "Happy Birthday". I turned around and saw the boy, Alexander; I think, standing in front of me carrying a small box with him, wrapped up in pink paper and a small bow on top of it.

"Um....This is for you, hope you like it" he said a bit shy. His cheeks were burning red and he was trying not to make eye contact.

"Um...thanks" I said reaching out to get the box from him and for a moment our hands touched, I felt a strange feeling go through me. So, I just grabbed the box from him as fast as I could. He must have felt the same too, because he looked away right away.

"Oh, so you met Alexander already" I heard my mom said coming from behind me. I looked back to the boy and saw his parents now behind him.

How did they got here so fast?

"You must be the birthday girl" said a woman which I presume was Alexander's mom. I nodded.

"Happy Birthday, thanks for inviting us and we hope you like your present" a male voice said. I looked up and saw a very tall man smiling at me, I immediately hid behind my mom, wanting to go back inside with momps.

"It was a pleasure, now we are going to cut the cake, come on Jane" my mom said holding my hand, and guiding me towards the crowd.

I looked back and the Roberts were walking right behind us. Alexander was next to his mom holding his car in one hand, while using the other to hold his mom's hand.

There was something odd about them though, something that I couldn't quiet understand. They were just different.

"Jane!" I heard someone screamed my name from far away. I turned around and saw Marisa, running towards me carrying a huge purple birthday bag.

I smiled. "Hi, Marisa!" I said waving at her.