Ch. 57 - Problems

Start from the beginning

I stared at her, while she stuffed her face with a handful of popcorn.

“What?” she looked at me, her voice muffled from all the food in her mouth.

“Nothing,” I snorted, trying hard not to laugh. I then got back to my point. “But yeah, Justin and I are good. More than good, I think.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Robin eyed me carefully.

“Umm, I don’t know… Just that things are back to the way they were, except better,” I explained. “Justin apologized for all that’s happened and he—… He even said he’s in love with me.”

“No way!” Robin’s jaw dropped, a few popcorn rolling out of her mouth. I would’ve been blushing at the thought of Justin’s claim of love for me, except I reacted to Robin’s actions instead.

“Eww gross, don’t do that!” I laughed hysterically, watching as another single popcorn slid out of her mouth.

“Arhm, sorry,” she coughed, taking a sip of water from the glass that sat on the table. “But… But you two are a thing now, aren’t you?!”

I stared into her sparkling eyes, my cheeks really blushing red this time.

“No…” I trailed off. “Not yet anyways. Nothing official.”

“Aww but why noooooot?” she whined. “Geesh, you guys are taking too long.”

“Well because—…” I paused. “Wait… What do you mean we’re taking too long?”

“I’ve shipped you two for a while now but the two of you are making such slow progress, if I must say so myself,” she said, munching on another handful of popcorn.

“Oh come on,” I sighed, “You’re the one who slapped me back to reality and said the chances are slim. You were right. He’s Justin Bieber and I’m just… Jackie.”

“Well I was just trying to make you feel better, or rather… Not let you get your hopes up too high,” she said.

“It doesn’t change the fact that you’re right,” I pointed out.

“But you said he’s in love with you, right?”

“That’s what he told me, I don’t know if it’s really true.”

“He wouldn’t lie to you, Jackie.”

“I guess not,” I said. “I just can’t believe it. He’s actually in love with me? I must be dreaming. I must be.”

“You guys should just stop pushing each other away and make beautiful babies already,” Robin sighed.