Thirty-Eight

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

Dinner was great. Only thing was, Maddie who is a little awkward around Shawn more like Shawn was a little awkward around Maddie. It kind of felt like he really didn't want to be near her which is kind of weird to me because I thought he liked her a lot. I just remember him drooling over her and always talking about her when we were together now he seems distant towards her.

Jake was more loving tonight. I just know it wasn't necessarily because he loved me more because he wanted to show Shawn he could kiss me and hold me. Either way it was nice to spend a night with people that I love.

We ended up going to a nice Italian place because classic me loves eating Italian food. We came back to the house it was around 1 O'clock. After we finished eating we ended up going to a club and staying there pretty late so that's why we came home late. Shawn and Maddie stayed in the room and Jake stayed in my room. Or he's currently still in there.

I woke up around four because I just couldn't sleep I don't, I don't know why I have never had a problem like that, with sleeping. As I open the door, the door in front of mine opens and there stands Shawn. He looks up at me with tired eyes and smile's.

"Hey stranger."
"Hey."
" why are you still up this late, Or early?"
" just couldn't sleep, that's all."
"same here." We stand there kind of awkwardly. "Jacklyn, I didn't just come here to look at your new place,"
"Dude look, I just I know you're going to say, and I don't want you to say it."
" I can't to tell you that, you know what? just forget about it."

I nod and turn back and walk into my room. But as I'm about to Close the door, I look at Shawn and walk back out.

" do you member the day that your album was released?"
" of course."
" do you member calling me? And you remember telling me something?" Shawn kind of hesitates before telling me no. I know I didn't just walked back into my room and just tuck myself into bed.

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Shawn}

Of course I remember that night. Remember telling her I loved her and I remember being drunk. Why didn't I just tell her?

"Shawn?" Maddie rubs her eyes.
"I'm here , go back to sleep."
"Come here." She wraps an arm around my waist. I try to push her away but she resists and hugs me tighter.
"Okay Maddie you need to back off." I sit.
"I didn't want to bring it up but it's quite obvious you've been giving me the cold shoulder lately, what the fuck? I come all the way over here to see if you and Jacklyn aren't together so I can try to patch things up and you just ignore me."
"Maddie, I'm so sorry but, I just don't feel the same way anymore, about you." Maddie just sits there looking at the wall behind me. A tear runs down her cheek and she still says nothing.
"I'll pack my bags in the morning and I'll get out of your hair." She turns and falls asleep.

I feel like a total asshole. I don't like her but I don't want to hurt her.

4 hours later, 8 o'clock, I woke up to Maddie not being next to me. At I first I thought she's probably downstairs but I immediately remember what was said 4 hours ago.

"Morning." Jackie was cracking a second egg.
"Morning."
"So, Maddie left,"
"Yeah?"
"And she told me why she left."
"She did?"
"Yeah. You don't like her like she likes you. And I knew that I just didn't think you would tell her the same day you arrived."
"There's never a perfect time to tell someone you aren't in love with them. But last night it slipped."
"I understand, I don't understand but I can see where you're coming from." She offers me a sincere smile. I mouth at her a thank you.

Rushing down the stairs, Jake stops by the kitchen to kiss Jacklyn and leaves for work. I roll my eyes and Jacklyn just laughs.