Burn All The Nightmares

Artist: AskTheDevilSwing

You continued your few hour walk away from the literal creation of hell left behind you. The frosty night air torturing your body, having your arms wrapped tightly around your body. A poor attempt at keeping your body temperature.

The whole walk you couldn't stop thinking about the three at the studio. This all felt like such a long nightmare, but after all that you've been through, it was unfortunately clear that it wasn't. You just wanted to go home and into a warm bed. Your friends and ex-lover to be normal again. Maybe even not brought to life so they wouldn't have to be forced to live in such a cruel world. 

Your legs folded under you and you fell to your knees, scuffing them on the dirt side walk. You've been walking none stop this entire time and your body was finally reaching its limit. You would of cried again if it weren't for your mentally shocked state. 

Grudgingly, you got back up and forced yourself to continue walking. You couldn't be here all night.

After what felt like eternity, you finally sneaked through the neighborhood your father lived in and slipped into his house. Inside was just a quiet as the rest of the neighborhood. The television was off and the room was lit up by a single candle light left burning. 

You were stunned to hear the sound of your fathers mourning in the bedroom since it was so late at night. You walked out of the living room and into the hall that located Henry's door to the side. It was cracked open and you peeped inside.

" Dad?.. "

Henry became dead silent at your voice this late a night. He would of thought he was hallucinating if it weren't for your body standing in the door way. His mood changing right around and he got out of his bed.
" (Y-Y/N)? Is that really you? ", Henry came up to you and touched your face to see that you were real.

You smiled at him and he grabbed you in a bear hug suddenly, the tightness suffocating almost but you hugged back.
" I thought your were dead, and you're a toon? ", Henry questioned as he stepped back to take a better look at you.

He walked you to the living room and Henry turned on the lamp light, directing you to the couch. He took a seat and you took a seat next to him, already planning to explain everything to him that happened just a couple of hours ago.

" Bendy is still alive and we need to do something about it, I thought I should come to you ", look at your gloved hands in wonder.

Henry stopped and paused for a short while next to you. You looking back at him once he started speaking of a plan. 

" We should burn down that wretched studio. I know Boris is still in there but I'm sure he isn't alive still by now.. "

You felt a sharp pain in your heart at the mention of Boris but you quickly dismissed it for another time, you couldn't let it bother you now. You still had to put Bendy and the others to rest. There was still another problem to figure out. You were still a toon, how would you be able to continue living like this after finishing off Joey Drew Studios? 

" There's still one more obvious problem to deal with, dad. I'm not human anymore! How am I going to go out into the real work looking like this by the time its morning again? I don't think there's even a way to change me back  "

Henry could sense the distress emitting off your skin and placed a warm hand on your cold one. 

" We'll figure out something, don't worry (Y/N) ", and he smiled at you reassuringly. 

Henry grabbed a red canister of gas from out of his garage while you waited in the passenger seat. He threw it in the trunk before sliding into the drivers seat beside you. The drive back went by in a flash and you were already at the place both of you hated so much.

The two of you got out and retrieved the match and gas from out of the trunk and stood in compliance a distance away from the studio. Staring pitifully at the place where Henry once worked and you once roamed and even calling your home. 

Your father headed towards the front entrance to begin the ritual of waltzing flames, you coming after. 

" Are you ready? ", Henry looked back at you, waiting for a word of consent before continuing.

You looked sadly upon the looming structure before giving a final conformation. 

" Yeah "

With that, the pungent liquid flowed out the gas canister and onto the front steps and sloshed around more on the outer walls. Once the red gas can was emptied of its contents, your father stepped back for you to do the final honors. This was it. You were finally going to end a decade of pain once and for all with that single match you held tightly between your thumb and forefinger. 

Taking a breath, you dragged it across the match packet and watched the tiny spark bloom into a warm hue and warm your hand. You closed your eyes and there you felt you grip unhinge and the match drop, catching a gas puddle right outside the door. The time you opened your eyes, the studio was already beginning to be engulfed in a blanket of yellow and orange. Mingling like hanged laundry in the wind. You and Henry walked backwards intending to keep a distance from the raging inferno that took no time to swallow the studio whole.

 From inside, you could hear the agonizing screams of whatever inhabited there. You could of even sworn to have heard Bendy's overshadowing them all. The tightening feeling in your chest didn't cease to exist the whole time you watched. Feeling the subtle warm produced by the flames gently grazing your front.

Nothing was spoken between the two of you, treating this moment as if it were a necessary moment of silence in the unrelenting dusk. 

Everything was finally gone, burned to nothing but ashes. And the heaviest weight was thought to have been lifted off your shoulders.

Yet a single droplet of ink sat alone outside the inferno.