Dominic's eyes lit up—literally started glowing for a split second. He stepped closer to me until my chest was against his torso and my neck craned to level our eyes. "She wants you to shift so our wolves can mate." Just then I heard a dull, but deep voice mimicking a growl say 'mate now' with much enthusiasm.

"Holy shit!" This is beyond crazy! Our wolves are attached to us like a conscience; only we should be able to hear it. Dominic being able to hear mine and me being able to hear his completely defies the laws of psychology. He chuckled at me, kissing the tip of my nose.

"Your excitement is cute. I wish I could say the same for theirs." He motioned toward the still babble Council members, his father, Uncle, and the Doctor. "They need balance. We should call Lance."

My Dad? "How can he balance them out?"

"Not only is he a skilled Enforcer, but he's also highly disciplined. This news is going to surprise and excite him, as well, but he'll be able to contain himself, unlike my Dad." He rolled his eyes in his father's direction inciting giggles from me as I noticed his father watching us proudly with a goofy grin. Dominic is right about my father. Bringing him in may just be what we need to help them figure out how we're going to handle this situation. First, we need to get out of here before my stomach eats itself. I tried my hand again rephrasing what I was saying.

"Hey guys, can we take this back to Dominic's pl—"

"Our place."

"—Our place? It's getting late and we'd like to eat."

Everyone seemed fine with the idea this time, thankfully. Before we could leave out, that annoying Alpha Morrison had to make his presence known one last time.

"Fools! All of you are fools if you believe this! You can serve under them like drooling idiots, but never will I bow my head to children that are nothing more than freaks!"

That was it for my wolf. I pulled out of Dominic's arms and surprisingly he didn't hold me back. As I approached the alpha he seemed as if he were trying to contain his nerves, but I could smell his fear. Oddly it was appealing to me. I wanted more of it, felt fueled by it. I felt my wolf pull forward and in the slightest second, she was in control of me.

Raising my hand, I placed it over his heart and felt this strange burning surge through my hand. The man before me groaned in pain then sunk to his knees looking like a weak crumpled shell of a man. Reverting my gaze to his son I saw the horror in his expression and waited until I had his attention before I spoke. "You also lack what it takes to be Alpha, but seeing as I just removed your father's wolf, you have no choice."

"Re-removed his wolf?" The boy stuttered and shook like a frightened leaf.

"Yes. I stripped him of his title and his wolf. I will put his wolf back when and if he learns to be humble." The boy bowed to me, pleasing me to the point that I felt my wolf slip the control back in my hands. I blinked furiously then rubbed the palm of my hand against my pants to alleviate the burning that's still present and more prominent now.

I turned around noticing the dropped jaws of everyone except for my mate who seemed to be a vision of pride. This shit is just as weird and shocking to me, also. Yet, now that she's done that I feel a little more connected to her. Like though that action, I got a small glimpse of who I really am. As I walked toward Dominic with my hand out for him to take it, the small crowd parted and followed us out back to the house. Once we got there I pulled my phone from my pocket, walked into the kitchen looking for something quick to quell the hunger pangs, and noticed missed calls from both Jaxon and my Dad. Instead of calling my father first, I dialed back Jaxon's number.