24 "I can heal you"

A/N: I want to invite you to my new story "10 things I want to do before I die. by Alice Susanna Smith" ❤️

https://www.wattpad.com/story/165794223-10-things-i-want-to-do-before-i-die

~~~~~
ALICE
~~~~~

A few weeks have passed since my miscarriage. I pretended that everything was good with me, that thanks to their support I felt better and better, but the truth was completely different.

Once I gave Betty a calming pills which she obviously did not take. If I was in a different situation than I am now, I would probably be angry at her. At the moment, however, I was glad that I found the whole vial in the bathroom.

Calming pills helped me for a few hours. I knew I could become addicted to these pills and I could feel unpleasant side effects, but I did not care so much about it. If these side effects help me forget, I can accept them.

Today, for the first time in a week, I left the house, just to get letters from the mailbox. I glanced quickly at the house opposite and sighed quietly. In fact, Edgar's tea helped me more and they worked longer than pills. I wanted to go to him and ask him for some of these teas, but that would be inappropriate. Not after what he did to me.

I pulled out the letters from the mailbox and began to look through them.

"A bill for electricity, a bank advertisement, a free hearing test, another letter from my parents," I murmured, looking at the envelopes one by one. "Nothing interesting, as usual," I added quietly.

"You're talking to yourself, it's supposedly a symptom of a mental illness," I heard a familiar, calm voice from which goose bumps appeared on my body. It was Edgar.

"Sometimes it's worth talking to someone intelligent" I shrugged and looked at him. "What are you doing on this side of the street? Where do you have your airy, white, hippie robes?"

"I have to get dressed normally from time to time," he replied with a charming smile. How is it possible that this man hurt me so much?

"The word" normal "is a relative term for you," I sighed as I closed the mailbox.

"Alice, I just want to tell you that I've never hit you," he said calmly and came to me, and I did not move away. For the first time in past few weeks, I felt safe. Edgar had something inside him that FP had. He could calm me down anyway.

"Edgar, don't brainwash me," I shook my head, wanting to leave, but he grabbed my hand. I immediately pushed my hand away from him because I was afraid that someone would notice it.

"I'm not brainwashing you." He said. "Alice, you had a migraine problem, so you took strong pills for calming down and for a headache. These drugs caused you to hallucinate to such an extent that you got terrible attacks of anger, and you threw yourself at me with fists" he spoke quite convincingly, but something inside told me that he was lying.

"I don't believe it," I said quietly.

"I swear by all that's holy..."

"Don't swear by all that's holy, Edgar" I shook my head and he smiled slightly. "Not you!"

"I missed your sense of humor," he answered charmingly and approached me. I moved away slightly, scared by such closeness.

"Let's ho back to previous conversation that you supposedly didn't beat me, you didn't rape and you didn't try to poison me" I crossed my arms and looked into his eyes.

"Because I didn't do it, Alice," he shook his head. "Let's start from the beginning, when you said your head hurts and you don't want to go to my friends, I understood that. Then I noticed that you going to my office and I was very upset. We had an argue. Then you got another hysteric attack and threw yourself on me with fists. I held you tight and I pressed you against the wall so you couldn't hurt yourself, but you fell to the floor. You struggled, shouted at me to let you go, I knelt over you and I held your hands because you didn't control your body, when you tried to break free, you hit your head hard against the wall and you lost consciousness. "