5 "The spoken words can't be undone"

I was counting down hours to the dinner, so I couldn't concentrate on anything. I was glad that Betty was helping me prepare the dishes for today.

"Mom, what's going on?" She asked as we started to set the table. I looked at my daughter as I unfolded the cutlery and smiled slightly.

"I've told you recently that the migraines have returned again." I lied.

The truth was that I was stressed about today's dinner and meeting with Gladys. I knew her very well and I knew what she was capable of. At school, she tried to take FP away from me many times, she made up rumors about me that she passed on to FP, she tossed me threatening letters, she called me Serpent Slut, once in the canteen she tried to pour a cocktail on me, but Fred stopped her in time. I've never met such a jealous girl like Gladys.

I always tried to ignore her antics, but one day during one of the Whyte Wyrm party, when I danced with FP, she came up with a knife and tried to stab me, luckily Hog eye was nearby and quickly stripped her. That day I went with her to the war path on which I'm today and I don't intend to leave her.

"You should go to the doctor," Betty's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at her surprised about what she was talking about. "I'm talking about migraines."

"Ah, I think it won't be necessary. I will take painkillers," I replied. "Betty, will you finish for me? I'm going to get ready before the guests arrive, okay?" I asked and my daughter nodded.

"Go mom, I'll finish it." she answered with a smile and kissed me on the cheek.

I went to the bedroom to collect my thoughts and change my clothes. I dressed a red dress that imitated snake skin and black heels with red bottom. I emphasized my eyes with black eyeliner, and for my lips I used dark burgundy lipstick. FP has always loved this color on my lips.

I went to the mirror and looked through it. For the first time in a long time I felt myself. By eight o'clock I left the room and went to the living room. I looked at my daughter, who was wearing a silver dress, which I bought for her sixteenth birthday. I was amazed.

"Wow, mother. Snake skin?" Betty asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, Betty"

"Snakes don't shed their skin so easily." Betty came up to me and grabbed my hands. I wondered how she knows these words.

"Yes, Betty, they don't shed their skin so easily." I replied. I was wondering if Gladys shed her skin, or she has it all the time. "By the way, Betty, how do you know these words?"

"Oh, I heard them from Mr. Jones once. Unfortunately, I don't know to whom he said that."

I smiled gently. I knew to whom these words were addressed, but I couldn't tell my daughter. Not now.

"Anyway, you look beautiful"

"Not as beautiful as you, sweetheart," I laughed and put my daughter's lock of hair behind her ear. After a while, we heard the doorbell. "Will you open, mum? I'll bring wine."

"Yes, Betty, it's probably Edgar." I said with a smile and went to the door. I took a deep breath and grabbed the handle. My stomach ached again, and when I opened the door I felt a sting of jealousy in my heart.

Gladys Jones stood in the foreground, followed by FP and Jughead. Seeing her wide smile, I felt he was going to throw up. I glued one of the most artificial smiles to my lips and looked at her.

"Gladys Jones, nice to see you again," I said in a luscious voice, and she smiled ironically.

"Alice, I couldn't wait for our meeting. It is very sad what happened to your husband, who would have thought you lived for twenty five years with a murderer under one roof.
" she blinked, and I clenched my fists not to hit her.