22 "I don't want anything to calm down, I want my child"

"What are you doing here?" I asked and looked at my daughter.

"Nobody knows I'm here, Mom, no one can find out, okay?" she asked quietly and rose from the sofa. She came up to me and grabbed my hands. "Thank you for looking after my children." she added, and I frowned.

"Why did you leave them at the door?"

"It's not me, I swear" her voice was convincing, but something inside told me not to believe her words completely.

A few times Polly has failed my trust. I know it sounds cruel, but I couldn't trust her one hundred percent. I didn't know if she was telling the truth or lying. I had to be really careful, especially now that I found out about pregnancy.

"If it weren't you, then who?" I asked and wiped my tears from my cheeks.

"I came back to the farm where I took up raising my children. One day Edgar came and talked to me for a long time, he gave me a new taste of tea and when I drank it I felt dizzy and agreed to everything Edgar offered" she was shaky. The strength with which she squeezed my hands testified to how terrified she was.

"What he offered you?"

"He said I should think about myself and take a break from my children and he said he was going back to Riverdale for a few days, he could take my children and give them to you, to look after them."

"Do you realize how ridiculous it sounds?" I asked and moved away from Polly. "You give your children into the hands of a man who beat me and raped me, because you trust him more than me, and what if those children never came to me? What then?!" I growled loudly, losing my patience to her.

"What violence are you talking about, mom?" Edgar didn't rape you or beat you! " Polly shouted, and I frowned.

"What?!"

"Mom, you were so happy with Edgar, and then you ran away from him. You were hallucinating because of the migrene medicine. You had to imagine it all!"

"No, Polly, I didn't have any hallucinations about it, you were alone with me and you saw that I was beaten up"

"Yes you were because you fell off the stairs. It's not Edgar's fault "

"I see that this guy totally brainwashed you!"

"Mom!"

"I'm tired of this situation with Edgar and this farm, young lady. I tried my best to beg for your forgiveness because of I treated you when I found out you were pregnant, but now I am not going to beg you again, Polly!" I shouted and I grabbed my stomach. It hurt a lot.

"Mommy. Mom, what's going on?" Polly grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes. After a moment, we heard the weeping of Juniper and Dagwood.

"God," I said to myself and pressed my hand more tightly to my stomach.

"Mom, what should I do?" Polly asked. I sat in a chair and tears appeared at my cheeks.

"Go to children, they are more important," I said and pointed to the stairs.

"I'll be back soon!" Polly shouted and ran to the bedroom.

I sighed heavily and cried softly. I looked at one of my hands. Why was blood there? Why did I see blood on my hand? I hit somewhere? Did I have a wound?!

I was shocked I didn't know what to do at the moment, I didn't know whom should I turn to. My heart crumbled with sadness when I realized the painful truth.

"Oh no" I shook my head and grabbed the phone. I chose the number for the only person who came to my mind.

"Alice?" I heard Hermione's surprised voice. "What happened?"