2 "I want my Alice back"

Over the following days, a little bit of joy finally appeared in my life, and everything because of Edgar, who tried at all costs, to get me out of my home. We went for long walks, we ate dinners at Pop's, we spent time on the river, on long thoughts. One day, I decided to unbosom oneself to him and share some of my secrets that only my husband and FP knew about. I felt that Edgar was a man I could trust.

He also told me a lot about his family, about the fact that his wife died tragically and after her death he couldn't to deal with it for a long time. He also added that after her death, a group of strangers helped him to pick oneself up and later they became his close friends.

"Are your friends are in some kind of cult?" I asked one day as we sat in the park. "I'm sorry if it offended you," I added, and he grinned.

"No, Alice," he said and looked me in the eyes. "It's just my friends. We do not go to clubs, we do not drink alcohol, we just prefer to meet by the fire, have a good cup of tea, sometimes smoke something stronger, but don't perform any rituals." ahe added, and I nodded.

"Are you smoking something stronger? You mean weed?" I asked, and he laughed softly. He pulled a metal, oblong packet of cigarettes from his jacket pocket, handed one to me, and took the other one for himself.

"Try, Alice." the emphasis on my name made me instinctively put a cigarette in my mouth, and Edgar helped me to light a cigarette.

"I smoke weed, right?" I asked and looked at him slightly annoyed.

"No, Alice. You're smoking homemade cigarettes, not weed, don't be afraid" he said, evidently amused by my anger. "Why do you think I'm a man who wants to intoxicate you in narcotic drugs, and to lure you into some kind of cult? I know that there are different opinions about me, but I am just an ordinary man." he added, and I smiled slightly.

"Well, I believe you" I replied when I finished smoking a cigarette. "You don't smoke?"

"I focused on you and I forgot" he said, and I blushed slightly. I threw the cigarette to the bin.

"Let's go get something to eat" I said with a slight smile.

"Maybe we'll come back home?" Edgar grabbed my hand. "I composed a new taste of tea and I would like you to tell me what you think about it" he replied, and I nodded.

"Okay, let's go." I said, surprised that it was so easy for me to agree. "I really don't know how you do it, but your tea makes me want to live."

"I'm glad, Alice. Maybe I'll give you some tea bags? When you feel worse, you will have tea around. What do You think?" he asked, and I nodded my head.

"It would be wonderful," I answered with a wide smile.

~~~~

Another few days or weeks passed, I lost the feeling of time. Something strange started to happen to my body. I could not focus on anything, everything annoyed me, I wanted to sleep all the time. In addition, Edgar made more and more of his teas, and I drank it everyday, because I thought it were helping me.

I thought also that Edgar would help me regain my strength and I will become the Alice Smith I was a few months ago, but it didn't happen. I fought with myself. I stopped to meet my friends, my relationship with Betty deteriorated, and the worst thing was that I didn't feel any remorse about it. All I needed was Edgar, his friends and more tea.

One day Edgar came to my house and gave me a white ring, saying it was a gift to start a new journey in my life. I was surprised, but I didn't refuse to accept this gift. I put it on my finger, where I used to have a wedding ring. I liked it, it was so delicate and Edgar said it suited me perfectly.