14 "Walk of shame"

~~~~~
ALICE
~~~~~

"Where's Gladys?" I asked when we entered his office.

"I don't really know. I'll go to Hog Eye to get us a drink, and I'll ask him, if he know something" FP smiled to me and I nodded.

I sat on the couch and pulled off my Serpent jacket. This office aroused many memories. Here, for the first time FP kissed me. Here he told me for the first time that he loves me. Here, for the first time, we made love on this couch.

After a short while, I pulled the high heels off my feet and placed them next to the couch. Now I realized how much my feet hurt. I haven't worn high heels for a long time, so my feet weren't prepared for this dose of pain. I knew that in the morning I wouldn't be able to walk and I would have terrible bruises.

"I came back," said FP, and entered the office with two drinks in his hand.

"I'm glad," I answered with a slight smile and looked at him. He gave me one drink and took the other one himself.

"Thank you" I drank a drink. "Sex On The Beach?" I laughed and he nodded. "I've definitely drank them too much today"

"I know, I counted every drink you drank," sat down next to me and looked at me.

"What? How?" I asked, surprised.

"Never mind, I have my own ways" he smiled under his breath and touched my cheek with his hand. I closed my eyes under the influence of his touch.

"So where is Gladys?" I asked and opened my eyes to look at him.

"At home," he answered. "I'm sorry that Gladys treated you that way." he added and took my drink and put it back on the table.

"Why did we come here?" I asked and put my hands on my knees.

"I want to talk. Talk about us," he replied, and I shook my head.

"There's no us, FP. And you know it well," I replied, and he sighed heavily.

"Alice" sighed and pulled a phone from his jacket pocket. "Look" he showed me a text message from Gladys.

"You won, I don't want to be married anymore. The divorce papers will be ready by the end of this week, "I read and involuntarily smiled. "Do you think that it will change something between us?" I asked and shrugged.

"Yes" he answered confidently. "Of course, yes, I won't let you leave this time, Alice." he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side. I let him hug, because I needed it.

"You know that there will be no sex today," I replied, and he laughed loudly.

"I didn't even think about it, it's enough for me to hold you in my arms," ​​he replied and grabbed my face with one hand. He forced me to look into his eyes.

"What do you expect from me?" I asked and sighed heavily.

"Give me a last chance," he answered, and I sighed quietly.

"We've done it before," I said and stepped back from him. "You asked for second chance I gave you it and then everything between us crashed" I got up from the couch and went to the billiard table. I grabbed a black ball and began to roll it around.

"If we don't start from the beginning, Alice, we'll lost our next chance" FP stood up and came to me. He leaned his palms against the side of the billiard slope and looked at me.

"If we want to start from the beginning, we have to go back to twenty-five years," I replied and pushed the ball to the hole.

"We have all night" he answered and crossed his arms. "Ask me first"