Chapter 7

You groan as the two males continue pestering you. Slouching even further into your couch, you tilt your head back and hit it against the cushion.

"I know, I'll get to it!" The entire day at school, you tried to both avoid and communicate with Law, and you ended up barely conversing with him throughout the day.

You've found when you're around him, words always slip up and your mind grows fuzzy with happiness. You feel like an idiot around him, and you spent the day with Kid and Killer, the latter two trying desperately to give some kind of advice and encouragement.

"You can't avoid him forever," Killer points out, slapping Kid on the arm as he messes with the volume on the TV, blasting it loud then muting it over and over.

Kid clicks his tongue and turns the volume to a tolerable level and tosses the remote away. "Your little deal thing is almost over, too. It's almost Wednesday," Kid reminds you. "After that, he'll go back to ignoring---fuck!"

Killer elbows him in the groin to keep him from talking, sighing loudly. "I'm sure he'll continue talking with you after Friday. You did say you'd leave him alone if he wants, and I doubt at this point he'd want that. But any relationship would go downhill if you aren't honest. You need to say something, or else it won't work and it won't be the same," Killer advises, ignoring Kid's growls and threats.

Your lips curve into a frown. "I don't want that," you mumble. "But it's so hard to say anything! I get all nervous. What if he doesn't think the same? Then the entire friendship is ruined!" you stress.

Another sigh from Killer. "The friendship was over once you started having those feelings. Now, there's only going forward."

"But I've only known him for a week! What if he thinks I'm weird?"

"Then he's a damn hypocrite and doesn't deserve shit," mutters Kid, this time avoiding Killer's elbow.

Like a mother, Killer shakes his head. "Kid, go to the truck and wait. I'll be out soon," he instructs.

Kid snarls. "I'm not a fucking kid!"

You hold back from pointing out a very obvious pun and chortle, covering your mouth with your hand, but the smile is clear in your eyes.

"Shut up!" he hisses, the tips of his ears red enough to blend in with his hair. Embarrassed, he storms out and slams the door.

You let out giggle at his childish actions before turning your attention towards the blond who was still present. "Did you need something?"

He hums in confirmation. "Just to make sure you know something is all," he clarifies. You nod to him, prompting him to continue. "About Kid. You know he likes you the same way you like Law?"

You let out a quiet 'huh?', putting together what was so obvious.

"Good lord, you truly are oblivious," Killer comments.

"I just never think about those things, I guess," you defend. "I never thought anyone would like me like that, so I guess I just stopped thinking it as a possibility," you try to explain, but the things you felt were disappointed by your lack of capability to express them in words. "I had my suspicions, but I wasn't 100% sure so I put them off."

He ruffles your hair. "It's fine, just talk to him about it. It's been killing him." Your stomach turns itself inside out, and your chest tightens around your heart. "I'll take my leave, now."

You grab his wrist first, and he pauses and looks down t you. "Thanks for telling me, Killer. I'll see you tomorrow."

He misses a few words in your mumbling, but he understands enough. "See you tomorrow, (Y/N). I can't say I fully know you, but I do know you well enough to know you'd beat yourself about this; that's just who you are, always taking the blame. That you're the issue. But don't. No one blames you, not even Kid. He's just a five year old stuck in a seventeen year old's body for the most part, but he knows well he can't blame you. Have a good evening."