Chapter 3

The sun blankets your face in a slight warmth as your unconscious state slowly fades to wake. Grumbling, you check the clock, only to find it's much too early to do anything. At least on a Saturday. 7:21 on a weekend, who's even up? Unfortunately, you know you won't be able to go back to sleep no matter how much you try, so you grab your phone to waste time.

On the homescreen, a notification.

6:49: Law: I doubt you're up yet, but tell me whatever useless thing I have to do with you whenever you get up.

"6:49? You've gotta be kidding me, who even gets up that early?" you mutter as you rub the sleep out of your eyes. You unlock your phone and text him back.

(Y/N): I'm up now and besides who even gets up so early. It's Saturday.

A couple minutes later, you get a reply.

Law: I do. I'm studying. You know, being productive."

(Y/N): hey I'm productive.

Law: Sure. Of course you are. Now, what do you want?

You hum in thought, realising you have no clue what to do today. Before responding, you look up local events, soon coming across a carnival.

(Y/N): we're going to a carnival

Law: When?

(Y/N): idk I'll tell you when I'm ready

Law: Don't be so immature. Not everything revolves around your timeframe. I have things to do, too.

(Y/N): like be lonely at your house and study?

You don't wait for his reply before heading towards the restroom to take a shower and get dressed. Not hungry yet, you decide to skip breakfast and check your phone.

(32 minutes ago)Law: I'm not lonely, and studying is good.

hey, I'm ready. You?

Yes. Is the carnival the one in Sabaody?

Yeah do you wanna meet there?

Sounds fine with me. Don't get lost.

"Don't get lost," you mock him aloud, even though he isn't there to hear you. You grab some more money and stuff it in your wallet before heading out.

It takes a while, but you eventually find the way to the carnival. Usually, it would be easy to find a carnival from the large attractions, though in the city, the buildings that tower in the sky made it difficult to navigate towards Sabaody, and once you arrived at the right area, you found it was just a cluster of huge events. After much longer than you'd prefer to admit, you see the entrance area and sigh, alleviated.

You see Law wearing a similar outfit as the previous day---you figure by now most of his clothing outside of school uniforms stick to the basic design. He wears a dark blue lightweight hoodie with the same design as yesterday printed on the front in yellow, along with similar pants but darker in shade. He even has the same hat on.

With a frantic wave, you shout out to the bored looking boy. "Law, hey!" You jog up to him as he blinks slowly, letting out a long sigh.

"You," he drawls, tired eyes focused on your bubbly figure.

"Will you ever call me by my real name?" you ask, walking forward with him towards the giant arc of balloons acting as the entrance.

He shoves his hands in his pockets as he walks behind you. "No, not ever."