Chapter 2

A wide grin of pure happiness spreads on your lips. "Now! Let's go! Tell whoever you need to. We're going to have fun, whether you like it or not!"

___

You grasp his wrist and start off, pulling him along. He follows lazily, stumbling every little while. After a short time of being dragged down the sidewalk, he reclaims his wrist with a sharp tug. "I can walk by myself, you know," he mutters, rubbing his wrist.

"Sorry," you apologise before exclaiming, "Let's go!"

Walking by you, head tilted towards the ground, Law murmurs something incoherent and barely audible. You question him with a hum. "I said: where are we even going?"

"Oh," comes your bland response. "I'm not sure. Know any places?"

Law sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose. "You were the one who dragged me along, figure it out yourself," he retorts.

"Then, uh..." You look around at your surroundings. "Look! It's a street performer, let's go watch!" you exclaim with a small bounce, grabbing his hand and bound towards the man.

To keep from falling, he goes along with you, reluctant.

The performer is dancing to upbeat electronic music. Watching the dancer fascinates you---him being able to maneuver his body so easily, matching each one of his movements perfectly with the beat. There's some type of specific way of doing it, yet it seems like such a free art, as well.

As the song progresses, more people crowd the sight, awestruck. Eventually, the song ends, and the dancer takes a flamboyant bow. You realise you're still holding Law's hand to clap, and you send him an apologetic look before returning your attention to the performer.

Law takes his hand back, letting it sit in his other hand, rubbing the palm with his thumb, as if grasping back for the unfamiliar warmth. Confusing feelings and thoughts swirled in his mind and chest as you converse with the street performer who goes around with a hat, requesting spare change. Searching through your bag, you grab a five dollar bill from the front pocket and toss it in.

"Thanks so much, miss," he says gratefully, a heavy Boston accent in his voice.

You shake your head. "No problem, you've really got talent!"

He thanks you again before farewell. "Have a good day!"

"You too," you return. "Hey, Law, wasn't that awesome?" You look up to the boy with hopeful eyes. As your attention redirects to him, Law folds his arms.

A stoic expression stained on his face, he replies monotonously. "I suppose so."

Unpleased with the reaction, you put your hands on your hips and frown, going down a list of things he likes or may like and thinking of places relating to it. Suddenly, your face lights up, and if you were in a cartoon, no doubt a bright light bulb would shine above your head. You pull out your phone and tap away at it.

"Hold on, you're gonna love this. I'll find something you like," you say, typing away into the maps application. "Found ya," you speak aloud to yourself. "Let's go!" you announce, shoving your phone back into your pocket.

Before you can sprint off, Law grabs the back of the neck of your shirt. "Calm down, we can walk. Besides, we've still got a week to do things," he reminds you.

"You're just saying that so you don't have to spend more time with me doing stuff," you pout, arms crossed.

He lets his hands fall into his pockets and shrugs. "Whatever, maybe I am or maybe I'm not. Or maybe I just don't feel like running. Either way, don't you think we should drop off our bags and change first?" he counters.