Chapter 6

A cold hand cups your arm and shakes you slightly, the action informing you it's time to wake. You groan in defiance, finding too much enjoyment in rest. You're shaken a few more times before he says something. "(Y/N)-ya, get up lazy ass."

"Shaddup you productive ass," you retort sleepily, rolling so your back faces him.

Law sighs and strips the cover off the bed, dropping it onto the floor, leaving you to shiver. "No," you moan, missing the warmth.

"Get up, breakfast is ready."

At that, you shoot up and stare intently at the boy. "What's for breakfast?"

He looks at you dumbfoundedly. "Seriously, that's all I had to say?" he mutters. "Eggs and bacon," he replies plainly.

"Sweet! Bacon!" you cheer, pumping your fist.

Rolling his eyes, he exits with a final comment. "Get ready for the day, first. And it's still morning, don't yell." The door is shut with a small thud, and you shrug, finding your still clean uniform from the previous day with a soft sigh.

You cuddle a little into the oversized, soft clothing before getting dressed, disappointed at the lack of comfort in the required skirt and blouse and blazer. You slip on your socks and shoes before exiting the room, peeking around the corners looking for the right way. Recognising familiar colours, you head to the left and into the dining room that coexists with the living room.

Law sits at the table, watching some news report and sipping a dark brew. Two pairs of plates sit in the middle, one flipped upside down in each set to keep the contents underneath it warm. Another rests in front of Law, and one in front of an empty seat across from him. You sit in the vacant chair facing him.

Noticing your presence, he offers coffee. You accept, and he pours you a cup and grabs creamer and sugar, along with a spoon.

"I was waiting to eat until you came out here. The food's in the middle," he says simply, taking off the top plates.

He looks at you, waiting for you to take your share before serving himself. You flash him a smile of thanks, scooping a smaller portion onto your plate.

The news in the background, you start a conversation between bites. "Ready for school again?"

He shrugs as he serves himself enough food. "I don't really like school," he says. "I don't mind the studying thing, but it's always been annoying with everyone else," he explains.

You think for a moment before responding confidently. "Well it'll be better now 'cause I'll make sure you have a better time," you assure.

He murmurs a shy 'thanks' before talk drifts into more eating and listening to the news. Soft nails click against the tile as Bepo happily jogs in, smelling the food. He stretches before sitting next to Law, putting his head in his lap.

"How're you feeling?" Law asks after finding the news report insignificant.

You pause and think, checking for any achings. "Good, actually. My stomach's still a little unsettled, but it's not that bad."

"That's good. I figured as much. You should be completely fine by tomorrow, then."

Unfortunately, the time comes when you have to go to school, and you grab your bag and start walking with Law. "Why do you walk instead of driving?" you finally ask what's been on your mind.

"I like walking," he says. "Besides, I feel weird driving to school."

You nod, understanding. "Yeah, I get you there. Then again, I just like looking at the city. It's kind of nice." Your lps subconsciously settle with a slight curve, taking in the sights. "I think that maybe it's because every city is the same, but at the same time super different," you trail off, ranting on.