21.

As Rod's feelings were growing for Delilah, he felt the need to do something special for her

As Rod's feelings were growing for Delilah, he felt the need to do something special for her. He knew all about everything she'd been through, and he wanted to give her a reason to be happy through everything she was feeling right now.

He had gone shopping for her earlier, and picked her something nice out to wear. Now he was just waiting her arrival, but where the hell was she?

______________________________
Over at her father's place, Delilah had just awaken from her nap. Surprisingly she didn't wake up in panic mode, being around almost a complete stranger. She somehow, felt at home.

Creeping out of the guest room, Delilah spotted her father in the same spot on the couch as he'd been in earlier, this time with a bible in his hand.

"Thank you." She smiled, breaking him from his reading.

"Maybe you should find your inner peace, the way you were sleeping lets me know that something had been stealing rest from you." He looked at her, studying her face.

"It's just, I wish mom was different. She hates me." She sighed.

"She doesn't hate you, she just doesn't know you. Hell, she doesn't even know herself anymore." He shook his head. "I got you baby girl. We just gotta pray for her."

Delilah thought about Rod. "Shit." She said grabbing her jacket.

"What's wrong?" Nicolas asked.

"I gotta go." She said heading toward the door.

"Wait.." Nicolas stopped her in her tracks, grabbing her hand. "Please don't forget about me." He pulled his daughter into a hug.

"I could never, dad." She smiled before walking out of the door.

___________________________________

Hearing the jingling of the door, Rod quickly ran down the steps, pulling the door open before Delilah could even get the chance to twist the knob.

He immediately wrapped his arms around her, being that he was worried about her being gone for some long. He felt like he was getting clingy, but as long as Delilah didn't mind, he wouldn't worry about it.

"Damn, a nigga almost had to go do a search." He sighed, letting her a loose.

"I'm sorry, I wound up falling asleep at my dad's place, and I don't have a phone to call you." Delilah didn't feel the need to have a phone, considering she had no friends, other than Rod, and really no family.

"We need to get on that ASAP." He said matter of factly.

"Oh, Rod, this is nice." Delilah squealed as she noticed what Rod had gotten her. It was nothing special to Rod, but he knew that she'd never been given anything.