10.

-Delilah-

I stood and listened from the other side of the wall as Rod went back and fourth with his ex about their "shitty" relationship

"All I'm saying is, if you loved me so much, what the hell did you go off and fuck another nigga for?" Rod raised his voice.

"He was there, when you weren't. The long nights of studying, stressing over how I was going to afford books and other stuff I needed. I felt like I had no choice." She cried.

"All that shit is lame ass excuses to justify you being a hoe. I offered you help, you said you had it." He snapped back.

"What would I look like? Grown as hell, asking a man for help?"

"That's what I was there for." He yelled. I peeked around the corner, looking to see that they were standing so close in each other's faces that you probably couldn't even fit a magazine in between the two.

"Well, I'm asking for you to forgive me Rod. I love you, and I'm human, I make mistakes. Don't let all those years be broken apart because I fucked up. We can fix this." She touched his face, making him step back a little.

"This.." he pointed in between them, "Is OVER." He began walking her to the door.

"You don't mean that." She followed behind him.

"Don't you got a kid you need to get home to?" He questioned her.

She looked up at him, before leaning in for a kiss. He didn't stop her, as their lips touched for a little over five seconds. I felt a lump in my throat, but didn't know why I felt as if I were about to cry.

He snapped back into reality. "Brenda, you need to leave." He said letting her out. She took one last look at him, before heading to her car. I quietly stepped up the stairs, to make it seem as though I wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation.

Shortly after, I heard Rod walking towards the bedroom.

"Delilah." He called my name. I ignored him, still in my feelings about what I had saw.

I grabbed a pair of underwear, from the drawer of things he had bought me, a t shirt and a pair of shorts, before walking into the bathroom.

I stood in the mirror for a second, ignoring the knock on the other side of the door, which I had locked. I didn't want to be bothered with him right now.

I stared at my reflection for a few seconds, taking in all of my features. I found myself to be relatively good looking, but in my eyes, I was nothing compared to his ex. I wondered if he was attracted to me, but thinking back to the kiss we shared the night in the pool answered that question for me. Then again, it could have been just that... a kiss. He never made any more moves, so it may have been simply just an in the moment kind of thing. I wonder if he still had feelings for his ex, but it wasn't really my business.