35.

"Dammit man, YOUR MOTHER CALLED ME! YOU HAPPY NOW?!!" Rod's voice blasted through the room's 4 walls.

Delilah's face immediately dropped upon hearing that. Her mother talking to Rod could only mean trouble in her eyes. She wanted nothing to do with Marge, for she had caused enough damage in her life.

"Called you?..... For what? Let me guess, she would like to fuck you for a hit?" Delilah turned her nose up. "Wouldn't be surprised if you already done it before." She began feeling disgusted.

"Aye man, ion know what type shit you on right now, but I'm just gone let you calm down cause you talking hella reckless." Rod for the first time willingly left Delilah in the room by herself. He knew right now, maybe it was best that she was alone. Somebody's feelings were bound to get hurt if they stayed in the same room, and it wouldn't be his.

___________________________________

Walking past the guest room, Delilah paced the hallway floor, debating on if she should talk to Rod now, or just let it ride until later. She hated when they were mad at each other, but she couldn't control her feelings right now. She wanted to know what the hell her mother could have possibly called for.

Tip toeing in the room, Delilah walked up to the bed. She leaned close in Rod's face, to see if he was sleep.

"Back up. All in a nigga face. What you want man?" Rod spoke, making Delilah jump.

"Let's just talk." She pouted.

"Do you really want to? Or you wanna just jump to conclusions, and tell me I'm a liar for whatever I say anyways?" Rolling his eyes, Rod turned his back towards Delilah, and pulled the cover over the back of his head.

"I'm sorry Rod, but can we please just be adults?"

"Oh now you wanna act grown? Just earlier you was throwing temper tantrums and acting stupid. I'm not finna keep doing this shit with you D. Whatever you got going on, just stay on the other side of the house with that shit, cause I really don't have to keep explaining myself to you." Rod continued to fake mad, just to show Delilah how she sometimes acted.

A lump formed in Delilah's throat. Rod never talked to her this way, and she knew it was her fault.

She put her head down, and slowly began to walk off as tears formed in her eyes. "Okay, I'll just go."

"Man sit yo crybaby ass down." Rod pulled her by the arm back towards the bed. "Have a seat." He patted the empty spot on the bed next to him.

"Now, I didn't want to tell you right now, because I didn't want to bring on no stress, but you wouldn't just let me live. Your mother's in rehab, and she wants to see you. I don't think it's the best idea right now, but you a grown woman, so I'll let you make the final decision." Rod delivered Marge's message.

Delilah grew silent. Lifting her hand to her mouth she began chewing on her fingernails.

"How you feeling baby?" Rod tried to read her, but couldn't figure out her mood.

"It's just, why now? She waits until I'm on the verge of starting my own family to get her shit together. She chose drugs over me, and I still loved her. But now, that shit's out the window. It's time I live for me. I can't keep letting her hold me back." Delilah became an emotional wreck, as her face became wet.

Rod sat up, pulling her into a tight hug. He hated to see her like this. "It's gone be okay." Was all he could bring his self to say. He knew how hard it could be without your mother, but it was another story when your mom was still here, and the relationship wasn't right.

He had to think of something to ease Delilah's mind. He didn't want her to be sad right now.

"Come downstairs with me." He spoke. Grabbing Delilah's hand, he led the way.

Following him into the kitchen, Delilah sat in one of the chairs. "I'm not hungry right now babe." She said, but honestly she was, she'd just lost her appetite.

"That doesn't matter." Rod said as he rummaged through the refrigerator.

Pulling out a big tub of cookie dough, Rod looked at Delilah with a smile on his face. "Let's bake cookies together."

Delilah let out a slight chuckle. It amazed her that just the little things Rod did, always seemed to put her in a better mood, no matter the situation.

Rod pulled out a drawer, getting out his shape cutters. He had everything from hearts, stars and moons.

"I'm not even going to ask why you even have all this stuff." Delilah giggled.

___________________________________

"My cookies came out better than yours

"My cookies came out better than yours." Delilah pointed at one of her stars, then to one of his.

"Shit, I ain't gone debate that. Your cookie the reason why we got one on the way now." He side smirked.

"Stop being nasty." Delilah blushed.

"I thought you liked when we get nasty." Rod walked up behind her, pressing himself against her butt.

Delilah was getting turned on as he began placing soft kisses down the back of her neck.

Turning around, she placed her hands on both sides of his face. She began to kiss him. The kisses got sloppier and she felt herself getting moist down below.

"Chill ma, this wasn't part of the plan. Our cookies getting cold." Rod chuckled.

"Why would you do that?" Delilah hit him in the chest. "I wanna fuck."

"You sound like a nigga." Rod laughed. Picking her up, he placed her on top of the counter.

"Let me gone head and lay the pipe, before you start flipping out."