18.

-Delilah-

-Delilah-

Hate filled my heart, as I looked over at the bitch who gave birth to me. I refused to let tears fall from my eyes, I'd never give her that satisfaction.

To know she felt no remorse for making me go through the things I had to go through with her, let me know that her heart was made of pure evil.

I had built up the courage, and talked Rod into taking me to go talk to her, I had answers from my father, but I needed her point of view.

"Look at you, sitting over there looking at me like you better than me." She spat, twisting up her face at me.

"This is not what I came here for. Does the name Nicolas ring a bell?" I looked up at her.

"Yeah, that's your daddy." She smirked.

"So you knew about him, you just didn't feel the need to let me know about him?" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"What was there to tell you? That punk bitch of man, let you ruin our marriage." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't even know him.. How could I have possibly came between you two?" I was confused.

"The minute your black ass was born, he only wanted to talk to you. Only wanted to be around you. Kissing on you, holding you. All the shit he used to do for me." She began bouncing her knee up and down, as if anger was filling her body.

"I was a baby. I needed love. You mean to tell me you're that damn selfish?" I got up from my seat, no longer wanting to be in her presence.

"Fuck you!" She screamed, jumping into my face. "You'll never be more than me! Let's not forget you were the same bitch sleeping with several men you didn't even know." She pushed me, almost causing me to fall.

I couldn't control the sensation I felt in my hand as I sent a slap across her face. How dare she try to make me feel bad about something she made me do? What kind of mother was she?

"You need help." I shouted as I made my way to the door. Maybe this visit was one that could have been just a thought I kept in the back of my mind. I would forever regret even stepping foot in this house again.

"It'll be a matter of time before you're back here, the nigga you ran off to, won't be around for much longer. Just wait and see." She gave me an evil grin that I'd never forget.

My mind was clouded. I didn't want to speak to anyone, because I had nothing left in me to say. I didn't know who I was, but rather who I was forced to be.

I had quit my job at the boutique, because I didn't think I could be friendly to people during this state of mind. I had no clue life would hit me this hard right now.

As I sat on Rod's couch, all I could do was cry. Shedding tears made me feel no better, for I was still lost.

"Delilah, baby, please try to feel better ma, I hate seeing you like this." Rod's voice came knocking me from my thoughts.