“It's too hot where I am.”

“Hoseok, we're only half an hour apart.”

“It's too hot.”

“Alright. Okay.” Jimin said as he stepped out his front door, the porch creaking as he placed his foot on it. Jimin's eyes nearly fell out of his sockets as he stared at the black haired boy just down the hill from him. “Hobi. Hoseok. Horse.”

“Yes?”

“He's sitting outside.”

“Your neighbor?”

“Yes.”

“Give me the deets.”

“All I can say is, he looks pretty.”

“What was that?”

“H-he looks pretty c-cool.” Jimin stuttered out.

Hoseok laughed, “Nice save.”

Jimin couldn't help but think the black haired boy next door was pretty. Who wouldn't? The way his black hair shown a redish color in the sun or the way his shirts were always too big and showed off his collarbone or how his shorts always revealed his thighs when he sat down. Jimin just loved those things about him, even if it was weird to think those things about his neighbor, especially since they didn't know each other.

Jimin thought it was wrong to think that way or notice those things about someone. If anyone should be scolded for being perverted, it should be him. However, Jimin couldn't deny that he really wanted to put a personality to the face he's seen so much. The temptation of his neighbor being right there was too much. Jimin wanted to be able to call the guy he'd called “his neighbor” for so long by a proper name. That thought did Jimin in. He started walking.

“Hey, Hobi, I gotta go.” Jimin didn't give Hoseok the chance to respond as he hit the end call button and stuffed his phone into his joggers' pocket.

Jimin couldn't believe he was actually steps away from the guy he had only been able to observe from afar. He was feeling slightly guilty about not being able to remain strong through the temptation, but was mostly excited that he was actually doing it. No ugly thought could stop him now, in fact, it was as if every ugly thought had suddenly packed their bags and went on vacation, there were none circulating his usually crowded head.

His neighbor didn't even hear Jimin coming towards him. It was as if he was so lost in his surroundings, his head was impenetrable to outside noise. Jimin placed himself down, criss crossed in the grass which finally aroused his neighbor's attention.

“Hi.” Jimin said, smiling at his neighbor.

“H-hi.” His neighbor said, not making eye contact with Jimin.

The boy next door held his hand out to Yoongi, which Yoongi looked warily and confusedly at.

“I'm Jimin. Park Jimin.”

Yoongi hesitated before taking Jimin's hand, “Min Yoongi.”

Jimin shook his hand warmly, “It's nice to meet you, Min Yoongi.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Yoongi responded, shyly.

“So, how old are you, Yoongi?”

“Ehm..” Yoongi's eyes wandered as he tried to remember, “What year is this again?”

“2018.” Jimin said, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

“I’m 25.” Yoongi always counted his age based on the year. The year and his age when it happened was something Yoongi could never forget.